addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › Lingerie, weavers, hookers and fashion shows...

Lingerie, weavers, hookers and fashion shows...

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Dear Seamsters,

I think that the mission for this meetup social was accomplished. We met a host of great new personalities and went through a bunch of champagne, cookies and sparkling pear juice. Thanks to Libby for bringing some cheese and crackers and Sandi for her yummy nuts and wine.

The lingerie was exquisite indeed. I was surprised that all of the vintage lingerie was either creamy ivory or pale peach and ALL of it was silk. What some inspirational pieces everyone brought. The little tap panties and brasiere were my favorites. I should have taken better pictures, which is always the case.

At this last meetup, we had a few people volunteer to spearhead some future meetups.
Sandi Smith and Sheryl Alexander have both volunteered to create a meetup based around weaving. Sandi has found a great purse weaving project she thinks we can do as a group. I also have a full sized loom here which we are going to try and have set up so you can help weave a rag rug on it as well. Sheryl is a hooker, winkso she may have something to add about that rug creation art too. Watch out for some invite emails from them coming soon. They may poll y'all for the best dates for those who are interested in learning the fine art of weaving...

Brandon and Demetria, a design school dropout duo, have volunteered to lead us in a Fashion Show event, the idea of which was brought to us by another meetup member, Catherine Wiedmann. What a great way to get themselves back into fashion. I am really looking forward to watching this event come about. Fashion shows are a real production (yak, yak, yak) so if you have any interest in helping or participating, post it on the meetup message board under the fashion show discussion thread. I'm sure Demetria, Brandon will be looking for some enthusiastic help.

This meetup group is my best effort connect designers, sewing enthusiasts, patternmakers and other potential industry professionals in the community. Come on out of your kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms, attics and basements to share your skills and knowledge with each other.

See you at a meetup soon!

Shauna