We are a member/volunteer organization. Our members plan and host events centered around understanding and exploring all aspects of human sexuality, consent, relationship styles, kink, gender, and orientation. We are a diverse and welcoming community.
What is Sex Positivity?
Sex positivity is a social movement and philosophy which regards all consensual expressions of sexuality as healthy, encourages sexual pleasure and experimentation, places an emphasis on informed consent and advocates sex education and risk-aware sex. Sex-positivity makes no moral distinctions among types of sexual expression, orientation or identification, regarding these choices as matters of personal preference. _________________________________________________________________________
What does our group do?
SexPositive Portland is a real community of open-minded, fun, and awake people. We provide a chance to explore, learn, and grow in a safe, welcoming, and consensual environment.
Our real world events include classes, discussion groups, workshops, socials, parties, festivals, and more. They range from member hosted events (in homes, parks, restaurants, etc.), outings together where we might go watch and signature events (facilitated events like our snuggles, couple/triads massages, and parties), that are created by SexPositive Portland and led by its core volunteers.
Our Mission is to change the world by promoting healthy sexuality through community and education.
We value healthy sexuality that is created through autonomy, boundary setting, enthusiastic consent, and pleasure. We are creating a community based on direct communication, social justice, connection, fun, and support. We value accessible education focused on experiences and growth, and replacing unhelpful patterns of behavior through a diversity of new ideas.
We are a secret group. That means only members can see your profile.
PLEASE FILL OUT ALL QUESTIONS FULLY AND COMPLETELY. Short answers mean that you have not read this and will be immediately denied.
The main things we seek in our members are:
• Understanding of sex-positivity. We are not a dating or sex group. We are a community.
• You must have a photo that shows your full face (similar to a passport photo) with no sunglasses, masks or paint. You may choose to have a partner or partners in the photo if your face is the one most centered. Outside of that exception, please do not have other people in the photo. Head and shoulders shots are needed, no full body pictures, as we only generate a tiny image from which to recognize you in our check-in procedures.
• Related experience or learning (books, workshops, friendship circles). Total newbies will be considered, but you'll need to bring a lot of the next item.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to be a part of a community by volunteering or coming out to events regularly.
• We are not a hook-up group, a dating site or a place for swingers to play.
• We look for emotional maturity, social awareness, good communication styles and a willingness to grow.
• You must live within 60 miles of Portland or visit often.
• Diversity and equity are very important to our community. Knowing who is in our group gives us a better idea of how we are doing and how we can improve. Please share some of your identities with us (gender, race, sexual orientation, etc) to create a vibrant community.
• If you have a common name, please add an initial or last name. We prefer real names, not alias.
• You must be over 21
• Couples must apply separately. Please reference each other.
When you fill out your profile, know that that is what other members will see and how the'll decide if they want to be friends and/or play with you
Men, we love you and need you, but please understand, we get a lot more applications from single men than their female counterparts so, please be understanding if we bring an extra level of scrutiny.
How Do I Participate at Events?
At events you are expected to be respectful of the boundaries of others and of the event, to take care of yourself, and honor your boundaries and agreements. Beyond that, anything else is up to you. You will never be expected to do anything you don't want to, or to interact with anyone you don’t wish to. But we do expect you to contribute as an active participant through positive social interaction. Sex positivity is about authentic, respectful, open communication, and being honest about your desires.
Anyone can attend Level 1 events so please feel free to bring a friend or loved one. However, if you wish to attend Level 2 or higher events you must attend an Orientation, Awesome Boundaries, a Social and pay your annual dues.
To keep people where they want to be (not exposed to things they aren't ready for or don't desire) we've developed a level system and you will notice that all of our events will tell you what level that event is, that is, what is the maximum level of contact or sexuality that will be happening.
In a nutshell:
Level 1 is Social/Educational (workshops, classes, outings, discussion groups) Level 2 is Sensual (snuggle parties, group massage, sensation play: touch that is nurturing and affectionate) Level 3 is Sexy without an agenda. Learning how to integrate and create connection. Level 4 is Community.
We have a way of vetting people and helping them work up the level system. But many people are happy staying at Level 1 or 2 or 3.
People tell us our level system is the thing they like the most about our group.