Hi there fellow Symfonians,
as 2019's day index approaches its overflow threshold we'd like to invite you to our year's end event classic. Following up 2018's blasting pub quiz session, we're hosting a *community xmas market* for developers and people working in tech to enjoy a networking event on Turbine's rooftop terrace above the roofs of Kreuzberg.
As of November 11th we've teamed up with our fellow meetup groups
- https://www.meetup.com/WMN-Was-mit-Networking/ : egg liquor
- https://www.meetup.com/Mayflower-Meetup-Berlin/ : roasted almonds (+ x%)
- https://www.meetup.com/sfugberlin/ : mulled wine
- https://www.meetup.com/CODING-BERLIN : legendary hot bean soup
- https://www.meetup.com/dweb-berlin : fun cookies
who'll contribute talks, snacks and xmas goodies to the whole thing. If you're organizing a meetup group and want to be part of it, just shoot us a message here and we'll happily add you to the list!
We're planning to hear some talks in a lightning format (~15 minutes) and therefore strongly encourage you to dig into your speaker's box of secrets and come up with a feastful topic that may be have been very special to you in 2019 and tickle a certain aspect of technology, stack or tool for your audience.
- Shyamala Umamaheswaran (@shyamala_u, WMN): The art of crafting sustainable products
- Stefan Adolf (@stadolf, coding berlin / LedgerZ): decentralize all the things!
- Johann Hartmann (@Johann Hartmann, Mayflower): tbd
- Mina (#DWebBLN): tbd
- Giuditta (Learn IT Girls / PyLadies): A Python take on agricultural meteorology
After its last year's breakthrough success the "book-wichteln" action has made it onto our agenda. We're unsure if there's a good translation for it so here's the idea in short, again: everybody is supposed to bring along a book on any programming related topic (the older and more obscure, the better), puts it into a large bag and during the event we're distributing all books evenly to the audience - so you'll go home with yet another book but if you're lucky it's even older that the one you brought :D
- 18.30 Doors & Xmas market
- 19.30 Lightning Talks
- 21.00 Xmas market - part 2