addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 5
This morning my wife and I noticed a new behavior that seems to be new to Jackson. He was "having his way" with his stuffed hedgehog toy. At first I thought that he was just trying to climb over it, then I realized he was trying something else....I knew he was a little flirt with the ladies when we're out on walks, but we weren't expecting this!

Um....Help? What do I do? He's only 12 weeks? I thought we had a little more time before dealing with this?

Mr. Hedgehog will be grateful for any advise you can give.

user 2769691
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 20
hi, it's normal.don't worry!! he won't do it when he is out. my hicky started humping when he was 12 weeks.
A former member
Post #: 36

Just be grateful for the free time.

A former member
Post #: 24
I've been told by a vet that this behavior can be a sign that they are trying to assert dominance over the object or other animal. Of course, it can also be a sign of natural behaviors. Our females frequently hump each other when one has a bone or toy and the other wants it. Similarly, our male humps objects or toys occasionally. However, it is pretty obvious when he is serious and not just frustrated.
A former member
Post #: 1
If your dog humps a toy, try giving him a smaller toy he can't hump. We have a 3 pound Chihuahua who will only hump a toy big enough to hump but will not hump small toys. We have 4 toy size dogs and they have their humping preferences -- our Italian Greyhound humps my arm when I'm sitting down and only after she's eaten her dinner; our 7-pound female Havanese (the Alpha dog) only humps our female Chihuahua; our Chihuahua only humps toys big enough to hump and we're waiting for our 2-pound female Yorkie to see if she will hump (she's the smallest and youngest).