addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Does someone know how to install water softner

Does someone know how to install water softner

Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 29

Had a little incident this week with water in the Laundry room and found out my copper pipes to the Water softener wanted to spray all over the now 'wet' room- vs laundry room. Glad the dryer stills works !

Received a quote today of a $1200 install process for new H- 100 softener. Anyone have opinions about this just seemed exhorbenet in cost to me .
Rick
RickThePerson
Madison, WI
Post #: 32
If that includes the water softener, it's probably not too out of line. You could check a few other places and get some more quotes, and costs for different models. Just make sure to ask about the noise. The one I have (about 10 years old now) I changed to run during the day as it would wake me up, or keep me from falling asleep.

Before you buy, you could check if the leak was from a loose connector. If so, you might be able to just tighten it and save $1200.
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 40
Hi Jane!smile

I just talked to my personal expert in these types of matters-my dad! He said that the price seems high. He suggested to take a look at Sears or Menard's, and look at types of water softeners for the number of people you have in your home, depending on how much salt and how much water you use. Both of those places will have deluxe versions that will use less salt/water, and will cost more. But there are tables or charts at both of those places to help you. Sears in particular has a recommended installer. Hope this helps somewhat! cool
A former member
Post #: 37
That's in the ball park, they're not cheap. Another option could be to call Hellenbrand out of Waunakee & have a rental installed, about $35+? a month.
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 30
love struck Thanks for everyone's groovy responses ! I was recently watching an info merical for the NUVO H2o _ System and OMG< Their quote was so much higher; their filters alone cost 69.95 +12.90 to "ship" from Utah, and also the infonews said, " 29.95 to try out, the 'real' cost, is = 3 EASY ?HARD payments of $233.75.

Does anyone in this Wisconsin group have a NUVO H2O water softerner system in their house ?

Didn't know Hellenbrand still does the rental systems. Thx
Adam L.
user 13628645
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 22
I am confused about this... sounds like your plumbing just needs to be repaired- leaky connection, bad soldering. Is the softener bad? Why they are really simple units and would not have anything to do with leaking prior or aft of the softener. I would just talk to a plumber and see what it would cost for the joint or pipe repair. I have done plumbing before and could look at it if you were interested. Is it still leaking? Hasn't it leaked since then? - water is still plumbed to the softener, the bypass is right behind the softener. Feel free to call me if you want 608-728-4477. 1200 sounds ridiculous to me and the problem sounds like a simple fix.
Don
user 10037615
Black Earth, WI
Post #: 38
I agree with Adam. Let me add one more consideration to any purchase of a new softener. Do you know the hardness or your water? Without that number you could spend much more than you need to soften the water. Ads may state a given softener is 1000 grain or 1700 grain. Grain means the capability of the softening machine.

Let's say you buy a 500 grain softener but have 900 grain hardness. The result will be insufficiently softened water or needing to run the refresh cycle more often resulting in use of too much salt. If you have 900 grain hardness and buy a 3000 grain unit you'll be spending way too much for capability you don't need. So, get your water tested and get the appropriately sized unit if you really need one.

Finally, make sure you hook up the incoming water to the correct inlet. If the unit is hooked up backwards i.e. incoming water to the output you will ruin the tank as well as get pellets throughout your piping system. So, if you don't want to clog up you washing machine and dish washer and every other water device in your home make sure a new softener is properly connected.