addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › QOW #8: New Tasks

QOW #8: New Tasks

A former member
Post #: 8
Luckily, before my brothers,sister and I were allowed to drive, we all had to learn to change the oil, tire and general maintenance on the car, so that was pretty easy to pick back up. Now general maintenance of a house was new to me. but with the help of family and friends, we've done a remodel of the bathroom (toilet, vanity, cabinet and tile floor), and resurfaced the wooden deck. By "we", it's Daniel and I. I agree something just seem to come naturally to boys. The maintenance of the the snowblower and lawn mower are a little bit trickier....but a few dozen choc chip cookies I'm able to enlist the help :-)
A former member
Post #: 4
Keeping the house in shape. I have to hire a contractor to check the attic for a recent leak, replacing a door, putting in a light fixture....has anyone power washed a house? (I am still thinking about checking the attic myself....just great fun!)
A former member
Post #: 5
I've had to change quite a bit as I am living on my own now for the first time in my life--always had a roommate or something. I suppose laundry, washing dishes, and buying clothes would be at the top of a long list.
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 7
I am not sure still how to 'add on ' to this string, however, my most difficult challenges have come to negotiations with contractors regarding roofing costs, deductibles and how much it really, does cost to have a new furnace installed in a not so old home.

Other tasks, such as car maintenance has actually become easier since The service team where I take my vehicle is supportive and efficient in their customer serv skills. ~ Jane