WELCOME (Please disregard if you are not a new member)
Monday, November 1, 2010 6:58 PM
WELCOME TO THE MPLS/SAINT PAUL SOCIAL HOUR GROUP!
I am glad to see this group developing throughout the day. Here are a few things that I would like to notify new people about:
1) I need Event Organizers. I have been working closely to 70 hours a week with my new job. I will be able to host an event, but other people would be helpful.
2) I have been tossing name changes around about the meet-up group and I have decided to go with "The Minneapolis/Saint Paul Social Hour Group." This means we don't need to have our Happy Hour on a Thursday, once a month, or for that matter, tomorrow either. If you have an idea, please post or contact me to be an event organizer.
3) If people are willing to step up as Event Organizers, I am not going to charge you to be a part of this group, but, I am asking that if you are an event organizer, I ask that you put out a donation jar at your event. If you come to an event, we will ask that if you can donate $1.00, $2.00, or even a $10.00, it is more than appreciated. It will be put into a seperate account that I will have to create and then we can pay the meet-up fee, and we won't lose any organizers soon. This will help me out graciously and event hosts and I will also contribute what we can. Event Hosts will then e-mail me and let me know what was donated and it will all go to the cost of keeping the website.
4) E-mails from members: If you send me an e-mail on a Tuesday, I will respond Wednesday night. If you send me an e-mail Thursday, I will respond Sunday night. Sunday and Wednesday nights they will be answered. I only ask that I get a meetup message.
5) Word of mouth does not hurt. Tell your friends.
That is it! I am happy to do this, absolutely the best thing. I appreciate any help I can get, and wish you a wonderful new month and new night and I hope you were all safe this past Halloween.
Sincerely Your New Organizer,