addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South London & About Message Board › Hello & our NO-SHOW policy....

Hello & our NO-SHOW policy....

Closed to new replies

Shereena
Shereena
London, GB
Hi all,
I took over as Organiser about 6 months ago and with the help of our events hosts we've got lots & lots of events each and every week - a really good variety of events in various locations.  I hope you're enjoying the events and many thanks to the hosts that are helping to make this group the success it is!  We're currently at over 1600 members! And as we have a sponsor you get to enjoy most of our events for free! So thanks to Simon @ JS Web Services for his continuing sponsorship.
I sent out an email at the start of the year about this group's no show policy - but with so many new members I thought I needed to send out the message again - to make the newbies aware of the policy and also to remind the existing members.  The full wording of the policy is as below.  I do mark no-shows and follow up with members who consistently don't show up at events they sign up for.
The no show policy is there so everyone can enjoy the events -  you and the hosts - it's common courtesy to let hosts know if you can't make an event - so please ensure you keep your RSVP up to date.  Thanks.
Have a fab Summer & I hope you enjoy our upcoming events!
Shereena
Our a no-show policy is:
http://www.meetup.com/southlondonsocial/pages/No_Show_Rule/­
In order to provide a place for all interested members & to be fair to the hosts & to the venues, there is a no show rule for our meetups:
- if you have RSVP'd yes and don't show up or
- if you change your RSVP from yes to no within 12 hours before the meetup takes place
you get 1 no-show point. Once you have reached 3 points within one year the meetup organisers have the right to exclude you from the group, should they choose to do so.
Also, if you are a no-show to an event then the host of that event has the choice to exclude you from their future events if they wish; hosts are not paid for their time, they give up their own time to organise & hosts events so it is extremely frustrating when there are no shows.
So please ensure you keep your RSVP up to date.
Thank you.