What we’re about
Love craft beer? So do we. With all the craft breweries in the St. Louis area, the plan is to get together and check out the scene. The breweries, the bars, the events - all that good stuff. We want to drink good beer, have fun and occasionally learn something. Official Code of Conduct - Must like accomplishing nothing - Sense of humor is not optional - In depth knowledge of craft beer is welcome but far from expected - Appreciation of everything beer a must - Pants are not optional
It costs us $200/yr in Meetup fees to keep this group running. Please considering chipping in with a donation to our venmo account @STLCraftBeer (0483 are the last 4 digits of the phone number if prompted)
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Sunday Funday @ 2nd Shift Brewing Co.2nd Shift Brewing, St. Louis, MO
Come join for a relaxing mid-afternoon at 2nd Shift Brewing Co. to enjoy some delicious beer! In addition to beer, they also offer N/A options of Root Beer, Lemon-Lime Soda, and Hop Water to drink.
In addition to drinks, there will also be food available from Central State Sandwiches.
I will also bring a couple board games to play if the conversation comes to a lull and our hands are clean from eating food.
See you at the brewery!
- 2024 Craft Beer Bike Ride #1 - St. Patrick's RideSt. Louis, St. Louis, MO
This year we will start and end in Forest Park with our first stop being the St. Patrick's Day parade in Dogtown!
This ride is ~11 miles with 1-3 miles between stops. This will cover a mixture of new destinations, favorite spots, and points of interest - hopefully you will discover a new place, path and/or meet new friends.
Here is an map of the tentative route. I'll post a downloadable GPS route closer to the event once I ride the the route and tweak it.
This is a social, no drop ride. We will stop to regroup if we get separated (at the top of a hill, through a traffic light, etc.). For those not biking, you are welcome to join us at our stops along the way!
The tentative itineary for the Sunday, March 17 ride is below:
- (10:15a-10:30a) Lower Muny Parking Lot - This is where we will meet up to start the ride. This is located in a perfect spot between our first and last stops and is usually completly empty. We will depart promptly at 10:30am.
- (10:45am - 12pm) Dogtown St. Patrick's Day Parade - We will avoid all the traffic and parking hassles by riding up through the park and watch the start of the parade from Turtle Park. Feel free to pack a cool beverage to enjoy for our stopover.
- (12:15pm-1:15pm) Modern Brewery - This has been a Craft Beer Society favorite since they opened their new location. This brewery with awesome food and great beer will be our lunch stop.
- (1:45pm-2:30pm) Blue Jay Brewing - This is one of the newest breweries in the St. Louis area that we have been looking forward to checking out.
- (2:45pm-??) Up Down - This is our last stop. They have a great selection of 50+ drafts and lots of arcade games to pass the time. They also have excellent pizza by the slice for those looking for a snack. It is only an 8 minute ride back to the Muny Parking Lot (mostly through Forest Park). Once we get to Up Down,we get there, we can decide if we want to ride back to the lot as one group or split up if some want to stay later vs. get back sooner.
We will post messages here during our stops if we are running ahead or behind schedule in case you want to meet up with us along the way.
Remember - bring a lock and a water bottle and wear green!
Important Notice: The safest way to ride is to not consume alcohol before or during any bide ride. If you choose to sample alcoholic beverages at any time during the ride, we recommend you take advantage of ½ pours or 3 oz samples sizes. We also encourage you to share any samples you order with others in the group. This ride is intended for us to check out some of the venues in the area and meet new friends. This is not a pub crawl, no one should ride a bike or drive a vehicle after more than a drink or two.