Mantra is a wonderful way to join together in a format that allows all to practice our our own belief systems while sharing common space. The physical, mental, emotional and spiritual impacts of mantra have been researched and proven many times over and include but are not limited to:
- Stress relief
- Movement of energy throughout the body, regulating the chemicals in the brain
- Releases endorphins
- Regulates heart rate
- Enhances positive alpha, gamma, delta, and theta brainwaves
- Increases immune functions and lowers blood pressure
- Drowns out negative voices in our minds, allowing room for positive thoughts
- Easy way to direct thoughts and achieve physical and mental wellbeing
Join us monthly as we come together in this wonderful practice, focusing on a different topic each time. The flow of our time together will include:
- Group discussion and sharing on the evening's topic
- Review of the mantra, it's meaning and time to align the energy of the mantra to each individuals personal intentions/beliefs/practice
- For those who would choose, a mudra (hand position) will also be shown and may be used during the mantra
- Mantra begins
- Flow from mantra into meditation/prayer, allowing the energy and personal connection made through the mantra to settle in
- Using breath, we will slowing return to the space and complete our time together with a bit more sharing as individuals feel called
PLEASE NOTE: We encourage open dialogue and loving support of all points of view so that we may learn and grow from one another in a space of non-judgement.
Once we have shared, each individual establishes their own personal intention(s) for the group mantra/meditation/prayer. Participation in the mantra is completely up to the individual. Individuals may choose to do the mantra, go deeply into their own personal meditation or enter into their own prayer. The goal is not to force a form of participation, but rather to focus intent and love toward a specific goal - uniting our unique approaches in a joint effort toward each month's topic area.
FEE: LOVE DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT
Your donation to Suivera is tax deductible to the full extent allowable by law - receipts can be made available upon request
THIS MONTH'S TOPIC
Often we are so focused on our own world that we overlook the fact that we are part of a universal whole. In this gathering we will take time to consider how our actions as individual, communities and global societies impact the cosmos around us. Are we good stewards of the section of the universe we have been gifted? How do our individual choices impact not only our world, but the universe as a whole? Is it possible that each of us hold more of an influence on our surroundings than we are aware?
Mantra: Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu (https://www.gaia.com/article/what-is-the-meaning-of-lokah-samastah-sukhino-bhavantu)