Learn the basics of web programming and build a fun game at the same time in this crash course.
Who is this for?
• Beginners and anyone interested in learning the basics of front end development
• Anyone tired of building To Do Lists
We'll do a hands-on workshop and code together a fun game.
• Laptop that is WiFi capable. Laptops are required to complete the course. However, if you do not have one and would simply like to attend as an observer, you're certainly welcomed to sign up and you'll still learn a lot! We will be using a Mac for demonstration, but a Mac is not required.
• Chrome or Firefox web browser
• A free Mozilla Thimble account (https:///thimble.mozilla.org), which will be our online code editor for the evening.
• What is Front End engineering/development?
• Basic syntax and functions
• Create a game utilizing these technologies
Light snacks and drink are provided. Feel free to pack dinner or drinks as well! Don't code hangry.
More about Liz Tiller at https://suncoast.io/team
More about the Academy at Suncoast Developers Guild at https://suncoast.io/academy
CODE WITH US!
Apply at https://suncoast.io/academy/apply
Join us on Slack at https://suncoast.io/
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR!
At MiSource our goal is to unite top local technical talent with employers across the Tampa Bay area. Our team of recruiters and account managers strive to understand what has a candidate on the job market as well as what an employer is looking to get out of a certain position to create a match that makes both parties happy for the distant and immediate future. With a variety of positions and companies (ranging from large to small across a number of fields) you won’t have to settle for a new job. We’ll help find you something that feels like home!”
Kevin Donovan is a Tampa Bay native and Account Manager at MiSource. Growing up in Tarpon Springs and currently residing in Clearwater his priority is contributing in the local market. With a recruiting background specializing in software development and engineering roles he understands what both candidates and companies are looking for. If you’re on the market, know of anyone looking, or just have any questions about job hunting feel free to give him a call at (813)[masked]!