Learn the basics of mobile app development using React! Build a cross-platform mobile app for iOS and Android.
Who is this for?
• Beginners and anyone interested in learning the basics of react-native.
• React developers looking to take the plunge into mobile development.
• iOS and Android developers looking to see what all the React hype is about.
We are going to build a cross-platform mobile app for iOS and Android.
• Laptop that is WiFi capable. Instructor will be using a Mac, but will assist Windows users as much as possible. Linux- you're on your own.
• Access to a command line utility.
• Xcode at least version 9.0 (necessary if using Mac)
• Android Studio (necessary on Windows; optional on Mac)
• Code editor (VSCode recommended)
• Web browser
• Somewhat recent versions of Node and npm installed.
• What is mobile development?
• So what is React?
• Where does react-native fit in?
• Build basic cross-platform app together with react-native.
Light snacks and drink are provided. Feel free to pack dinner or drinks as well! Don't code hangry.
Ryan Atkinson is a software developer at Echobind. He is a graduate of the Iron Yard and Virginia Tech. He resides in Tampa, FL with his dog Zach. Aside from coding and technology, his passions center around fitness and cognitive science.
More about the Academy at Suncoast Developers Guild at https://suncoast.io/academy
CODE WITH US!
Apply at https://suncoast.io/academy/apply
Join us on Slack at https://suncoast.io/
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR!
Echobind is an application development consultancy that combines technical know-how with deep user insight to ensure your app’s not just launched, it’s loved. We will build your app from the ground up or empower your team to do it yourself.
Our services include application development, team augmentation, custom training, code audits and digital strategy.