Join us for a Crash Course on Sketch Basics!
In this crash course, you will learn the basics of Sketch. By the end of the course, you will understand the interface, the tools, how to put together a basic wireframe, and how to upload to InVision.
- Come ready to learn and ask questions!
- Laptop with WiFi Capabilities
- Sketch on Laptop, they offer a 30-day Free Trial at https://www.sketch.com/
- An account on InVisionApp, free for one prototype https://www.invisionapp.com/
- Tour the interface and tools
- What is a vector?
- Best practices of Sketch
- Create a simple, one-page prototype
- How to install plugins
- How to integrate with InVision
About The Instructor:
Andrea is a Product Designer for Gooee, located in St. Petersburg, Florida. She was born in Chicago, Illinois and moved to Florida right before high school. She taught herself to code in her early teens and graduated from Ringling College of Art & Design with a degree in Graphic & Interactive Communications. After, she received her Masters degree from Savannah College of Art & Design with a degree in Motion Media Design. She spent 10 years as a designer and front end developer at several digital agencies in Sarasota, Florida before taking on her current role at Gooee. In 2014, she co-founded the Girl Develop It Tampa Bay Chapter where she was a chapter leader and instructor for 4 years teaching women in the community how to code.
Feel free to pack dinner or drinks as well!
Learn more about the Academy at Suncoast Developers Guild at https://suncoast.io/academy
CODE WITH US!
Apply at https://suncoast.io/academy/apply