addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Albany Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Proposed changes to our NO-SHOW policy

Proposed changes to our NO-SHOW policy

Joel G.
joelg
Wynantskill, NY
Post #: 55
The organizers would like you to review a new poll­ regarding some proposed changes to the group's NO-SHOW policy. Please register your vote and feel free to engage in discussion regarding these proposed changes here on this discussion thread. At issue are members who RSVP for an event and do not attend without first cancelling. This is a serious problem for the future of this group since it affects our credibility with restaurants and impedes our ability to negotiate good deals with restaurants for our meetups. This wouldn't be a problem if people would cancel through the site when they know they can't attend, but it has been an ongoing problem, which culminated in 40% of RSVPs to the Yoshi's meetup not attending. This not only cost the restaurant money, cost our group its credibility, but also prevented those on the waiting list from attending. Unfortunately, we must put checks and balances in place to prevent this from happening again. Presently, we have switched to pre-pay, but our poll offers an alternative and we'd like your opinion, so VOTE­ and then Discuss here.
Deane
user 5650635
Albany, NY
Post #: 104
I voted "Disagree with new proposal (Post alternative ideas on msg board)"
I think you need to keep it pre-pay or else you will likely run into the same issue again. Although I don't think having members "mail" you checks is the answer. There are a lot of online ways to send money (PayPal comes to mind) and most banks now offer online bill pay with the option to "text" a person a payment for free. You could even open up a new checking account to be used just for making payments. Members could use their banks online bill payment to send payment right into this new checking account. That way your staff will not have to handle checks. Just check the account once a day and you will have a record of who has paid. This will also make it easy to send a refund to those who paid but had to cancel on time. Since a checking account comes with a debit card you could then use that to make payment at the restaurant.

PS If you decide to go with a checking account I suggest Capital One 360 Bank. They are the best online bank I have found with the highest interest rate on checking and savings accounts going. Their online bill pay (for refunding members) is very easy and free.