Our mission to provide a place for people to swap items they no longer want anymore. We strive to provide a welcoming place for people who enjoying swapping things.
ReDuce, ReUse, ReCycle right? One man’s trash, is another man’s treasure!
If you enjoy swapping any of the following, then this group is perfect for you... so JOIN US at our next swap! Got too much stuff, and want to HOST something? We welcome everyone.
Typical swaps include:
· Clothing swaps
· Book swaps
· Craft swaps
· Receipt swaps (Yummm)
· Swapping Collectables
· Toy Swaps
· And Services & Skill swap (virtual) – i.e. grass cutting for cooked meals
There is no cost to join, and no cost to attend the events – we do ask however that your profile questions are filled out completely and you have a current photo of yourself in your profile. Once you have joined, post on the message board, check out when the next event is going to take place. Then visit our calendar to attend your first in person swap.
A FEW GOOD PEOPLE: we are also looking for a few good people to be Assistant Organizers of the group. Contact Ayn to find out more.
*We take no responsibility for the actual trading of products and services; we are just providing an environment conducive to trading, bartering and swapping.
Book shelves bursting at the seams?
Desperate for a new read?
Want to save yourself loads of $$?
Then come on over to my house and join some fellow book lovers as we peruse the stacks of books that never fail to disappoint.
How does it work?
Arrival of guests
Set up and perusal of donated books
Socialize and chat over beverages and snacks (provided by me)
Lottery determines who picks the first book and continues through all the guests. We then go in reverse order.
After we've gone through two rounds of first/second picks, people are invited to take as many or as few books as they desire.
**This is not a 1-to-1 swap. You may come with only one book and leave with 20. Whether your goal is to lighten your shelves or to fill them up, this is the event for you!**
Important to note:
1. Be respectful. The house can get quite busy. You are invited to take as many books as you wish but be considerate of your fellow bibliophiles. They need something to read, too!
2. I have a house of pets: two short-haired cats and two, medium-sized, non-shedding dogs. Please be mindful if you have allergies or phobias.
3. Please make me aware of any food allergies. I will ensure there are nut-free and vegan selections available in addition to the "regular" treats. My kitchen, however, is not an allergen-free zone.
4. We will be starting the swap promptly at 2:30. You are welcome to join the melee late but we're not going to wait to begin.
5. A nominal donation (minimum of $2) will be collected from every guest. All proceeds will be donated to the Ottawa Writers Festival youth literacy program. More info about this wonderful program here: https://writersfestival.org/schools
6. I will provide my address a few days prior to the event. The map pin is pretty accurate. Bus service to my area is not the greatest on the weekend. Please consider carpooling if you take public transport. The Eagleson Park & Ride is about a 10 minute drive up the road. There is plenty of street parking in front of my home.
7. People are welcome to take any of their leftover books home or I will arrange to have them donated locally.