addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sydney Tech Meetup Message Board Help My Startup › OneEyeDeer - Make Stuff Better

OneEyeDeer - Make Stuff Better

Kim H
user 4024983
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Post #: 67
I'll kick this off...

We're currently beta-testing OneEyeDeer.

OneEyeDeer is kind of like a Q&A site (think Yahoo Answers) , but instead of people asking questions and looking for known/old answers, the community identifies issues with products/services and collaborates on creating innovative/new solutions to those issues.

Whether you're more technical, business or creative there's a role for you - so if you've ever thought that something sucked, or had an idea of how something could be better, then this site is for you :)

The goal is to create a user-led innovation platform that will be the basis of some pretty cool stuff down the track...but for now we're trying to get the basic functionality right.

Would be great if you could sign up then jump on and tell us what you like, what you don't and any other thoughts.

Kim

Oh yeah - would be keen to find out if the explanation above makes sense as well.

Look forward to your feedback :)

A former member
Post #: 90
Hi Kim H, It sounds pretty straight forward. I think ideas like this (ie giving ratings and feedback) will revolutionize society when it takes hold. The problem as I see it is achieving critical mass so that people automatically know how and where to give feedback when the use a product or service. As far as I can tell no such site has got to this stage yet so it must be quite a battle.

cheers, Dale
A former member
Post #: 22
Hi Kim

Oh yeah - would be keen to find out if the explanation above makes sense as well.

Look forward to your feedback :)

I've just signed up as a beta tester for OneEyeDeer so while I'm waiting for email confirmation I just thought I'd give you some feedback on your spiel.

OneEyeDeer - cool catchy name and logo

It sounds like Choice meets Half Bakery meets Epinions meets ...

... which it might well be and certainly plenty of space to crowdsource better products and services.

But perhaps a simple example/micro-case study might clarify your intro - a product/service which has had suggested improvements.

I'll get on to the site when I see the confirmation email.

Tim