What we're about
The Tampa 912 Project is a 2,000+ member volunteer non-profit organization that promotes civic education and advocacy in the Tampa area. The Tampa 912 Project holds classes on history, politics, economics and current events, hosts candidate forums and debates, conducts research, and promotes social welfare. We hold our government accountable to upholding the Constitution of the United States of America and we favor economic freedom, a constitutionally limited government, and less taxation and government spending.
We believe in these 9 Principles and 12 values
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
12 Values: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.
You Are Not Alone (For more info on our organization goto Tampa912.org)
Upcoming events (1)
May 30 - MEMORIAL DAY - 11am Memorial Day Service
Tampa 912 is encouraging members if they don't already have plans for Memorial Day, to consider attending the American Legion Post 5's annual Memorial service. This annual event is a moving tribute to the men and woman who gave it all for their country.
In years past, they've had a color guard, speakers from MacDill, wreath laying, bag pipes, singing and the 21 gun salute. The event will be followed by hot dogs and soda. It's an hour of somber respect and then celebration of our freedoms that have endured due to our service members willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Bring the whole family. Bring folding camp chairs and waters just in case. Seating in the past has been limited but there is a large shady area for overflow which is a perfect for camp chairs and has a good view of the activities.
Come a few minutes early to setup. The Memorial service starts at 11am sharp!
Here's a link to the American Legion's website for more information about this service. http://www.post5tampa.org/MemorialDay.html
- Karen J
- Mary F.
- 3 attendees
Past events (1,996)
- Karen J
- Ash K.
- 5 attendees