addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Tarrant County Libertarian Meetup Message Board › Event Alerts & OPH Opportunities

Event Alerts & OPH Opportunities

A former member
Post #: 44
If you know of an event happening in the Metroplex that might be a good opportunity for us to setup an "Operation Politically Homeless" (OPH) booth/table, please post the event info or link here.

Thanks!

[EDIT]
Hot tips from Yvonne:

1. If you have missed the deadline or the booth was too pricey for your budget, always check back to see if they actually sold out. If they didn't, you can sometimes negotiate a better deal because they would rather get something than nothing for the booth.

2. As part of your negotiation, always let them know you are a non-profit organization. If no one is making money off the deal, it can also soften them up for a little bit of savings - especially if #1 applies and they aren't sold out.

3. Sometimes the smallest of events can be very fruitful; i.e., a small community fair or a church fair. They cost a lot less and often people are more leisurely and will spend more time talking.

I got this experience from other similar projects, not OPH but I think they would apply.

Yours for Liberty,
Yvonne Schick
Travis County
2008 Libertarian Candidate for US Senate
A former member
Post #: 46
The Blue Bonnet Brew-off is coming up in March. This is a homebrew competition and is one of the largest in the nation. They sometimes have booths but they are all beer related so I'm not sure how well an OPH booth would be received. On the other hand, Reason Magazine recently published a short clip in their "citings" (March issue) section that people that drink more beer tend to be more independent minded so you may very well have a receptive audience there.

Thanks to Randall for this suggestion via email.
Sara
user 4356268
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 1,285
Here's a question-- is a booth necessary or can flyer distribution work to accomplish some of these outreaches? I'm an expert flyer distributor, just moved to the area (:

I'm not sure how outrageous you want your outreach to be--- but would a sandwich board "Politically homeless Too?" and flyers work?

Has your group had any problems doing flyer distribution in Fort Worth without permits etc (we didn't have any issues in Ohio)

Sara