TeamAIDAsha is a beginner-friendly marathon/half-marathon training and fundraising program jointly organized by the volunteers from Boston/MIT chapters of Association for India's Development (AID) and Asha for Education. We train runners for their full or half marathon races and runners raise donations for AID and Asha. Both beginner and experienced runners are welcome.
Who should join?
• Anyone from couch potatoes to experienced runners
• Anyone looking for a challenging activity this summer
• Anyone looking to make a difference in the world
• Detailed training plan, special clinics along with personal guidance from certified coach (Road Runners Club of America), irrespective of your athletic abilities
• Water support and assistance from veteran alumni and volunteers during long runs
• Guidance, specialized clinic and mentoring for fundraising from team of alumni runners
• Bib numbers at Marine Corps Marathon (Washington DC) or Lowell full/half marathon
• TeamAIDAsha t-shirt
• Social outings and new life-time friendships with your cohort team members and volunteers
• Satisfaction of making a huge positive impact in the lives of thousands of families in India
Following the recommendations from CDC in 2020 March, we are postponing all of our in-person trainings and meetups until Covid-19 issues are resolved.
It is still a good idea for us to stay active and healthy. We are opening a virtual training club for anyone interested to virtually run with us. Whether you are a beginner walker/jogger or an experienced runner, you are welcome to join this virtual club to motivate each other to stay active, no strings attached. For more information, please visit us at