Location visible to members
The Marvelous Marvel Hackathon
From the 23rd century in Star Trek, to the underworld spies of James Bond, we are back with another themed hackathon!
Not into Marvel comics or movies? Don’t know your X-men from your Fantastic Four? No worries! Whether your comic collection is out of control, or you don’t really get the whole superheroes 'thing', this is really all about honing our coding skills. So, whether you are the Asgardian God of coding, or have just been bit by the proverbial “radio-active” coding spider, come out, watch some Marvel movies and create something Fantastic.
How it will work:
For this Marvel themed hackathon we will be providing a few challenges that you can choose to work on individually or with a team. So, if you’ve never been to a hackathon before - don’t worry! There will be people on hand to help you out or work with you.
The challenges aren’t mandatory either, so if you have an amazing idea to recreate the mutant gene, or want to build a new iron suit for Tony Stark, go for it! You can build anything to aid in the fight against Hydra!
All that matters is that you have fun with it!
Challenges may include:
• An environment scanning interface for Iron Man's helmet (Iron Man/The Avengers)
• A Cerebro interface that tracks mutants around the globe.(X-Men)
• A watch app that measures Bruce Banner's anger levels(The Hulk/The Avengers)
• A Doc Oc tracker for Spider-Man
• An interface to track the 9 worlds from Asgard (Thor/The Avengers)
It’s going to be a night of mutants, gods and Hulks!
Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_Wiki
Marvel Comic Wiki http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
YMC Asgard located at 106 Front St. East - Unit 200 @ BNOTIONS/The YMC (map: http://goo.gl/maps/oG0yd )
• Friday, August 28th from 6:30pm to 11:00pm
• Doors open at 6:15pm
• Hacking starts at 6:45pm to 11:00pm
• Presentations at 11:00pm