Have you ever considered a career in web design?
The Tech Academy is offering a free one-day course on Introduction to web design with HTML & CSS. This course is perfect for people with little or no experience in programming languages who are considering a career in software development.
Please make sure to bring your laptop, as this will be a hands on learning process where you get to code.
Dates: Monday, July 10
Times: 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Class will open at 8:30 a.m.)
RSVP: An RSVP via Meetup.com is required to attend
Location: 13306 NW Cornell Road Portland, Oregon 97229
(Located on second floor above Foot Traffic running store)
There is plenty of parking in the overfill lot behind the building just off of Dale street (https://www.google.com/maps/place/725+NW+Dale+Ave,+Portland,+ORemail@example.com,-122.8135252,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x5495092a63b637ad:0x25a704803cc93df3!8m2!3d45.525105!4d-122.812978). Please do not park in the main parking lot, so we can be good neighbors for the other businesses in the complex. There is no fee for parking.
My recommendation on public transit if you are coming from downtown Portland. Take the MAX Blue Line (https://trimet.org/schedules/maxblueline.htm) or Red Line (https://trimet.org/schedules/maxredline.htm) train to Sunset Transit center. There catch the Bus 48 (https://trimet.org/schedules/r048.htm) or Bus 62 (https://trimet.org/schedules/r062.htm) which will drop you off right in front of the school.
• We will take a 45 minute lunch approximately around 11:45 a.m.
• There is no refrigerator at this location, but there will be a microwave to heat up a lunch.
• There are number of eating establishing within walking distance to grab a quick bite.
• Space is limited to ensure we can provide the best experience.
• If you are unable to attend after you sign up, please change your status to allow others to sign up.
• We will offer this course in the future as long as demand remains.
For questions, please email [masked]