With technology becoming integral to almost every industry, a basic understanding of how computers and technology work is necessary for success.
We believe technology is for everyone, and we are removing the barriers to entry that have stopped people from really being able to understand and use technology.
The Tech Academy Co-Founders are releasing four books. One is a dictionary, and three are practical books that teach you how to program computers.
These books include:
• Technology Basics Dictionary
• Learn Coding Basics in Hours with Python
• Learn Coding Basics in Hours with Small Basic
The Technology Basics Dictionary is for everyone - from the absolute beginner to the experienced pro.
‘Learn Coding Basics in Hours’ is a series of books written for the absolute beginner who is interested in learning how to code (coding means programming computers to perform tasks).
All participants that attend will receive a 50% coupon code for purchasing the books.
In addition to the book launch, Tech Academy co-founder Erik Gross will be delivering a Tech Talk on “How to Break into the Technology Industry”. This talk will address the potential paths one can take to break into the tech industry.
During his Tech Talk, Erik Gross will address the potential roadblocks you might meet and share tools to help overcome them - tools that he’s learned through many years of working as a software developer, mentor and entrepreneur.
• Date: Friday, November 17
• Time: 1 pm - 3 pm
• Location: George R. White Library & Learning Center, Concordia University
2811 NE Holman St., Portland, OR
• Refreshments - A catered lunch with sandwiches, appetizers, coffee and tea.
• RSVP: Please RSVP to help us plan for adequate food & refreshments!