*Given the recent developments around COVID-19, we’ve decided to postpone our upcoming panel discussion. Stay tuned for more information in the upcoming weeks.
*Please note that The Watershed has a capacity limit, so be sure to arrive on time! The event will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will not be able to seat everyone and may, unfortunately, have to turn some people away.
Cybersecurity has been making headlines for decades, especially with stories like NotPetya’s cyber-attack on Ukraine, Sony and Adobe’s data breaches, Yahoo!, Facebook, and First American’s data leaks, and more recently, Bezos’s phone hack by Saudi Arabia. Alongside, with the explosion of modern technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Mobile Apps, and Internet of Things (IoT), it’s become increasingly prevalent how being secure is no longer an option. In fact, it’s the number one priority for many companies and individuals right now, especially with new data-collection and security legislation taking place.
By popular demand, we are bringing you one of the most debated topics of the century. Join Tech in Motion on Thursday, March 12th as we gather for our first Tech Talk of 2020 to hear top industry leaders discuss the state of cybersecurity. You’ll want to be front row for this conversation, as we deep dive into the impact of data breaches, 2020 trends, outline top risks, and forecast the effects of new laws and regulations.
This is an event you won’t want to miss! There will also be complimentary food & drinks for everyone, so be sure to RSVP and secure your spot.
• 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Check-In, Networking, Food & Drinks
• 7:00 - 8:00 pm: Tech Talk
• 8:00 - 8:15 pm: Q&A Session
• 8:15 - 9:00 pm: More Networking
• 9:00 pm: Event Concludes
--- Moderator & Speakers ---
• Mahdi Raza, Founder, siberX
• Bobby Singh, CTO & CISO, Toronto Stock Exchange (TMX)
• Anderson Cummins, Compliance Director, SecureKey
• Paul Coderre, Cyber Security Partner Specialist, Cisco
• Vicky Laurens, Managing Director of Threat Intelligence Fusion Center, BMO
• Rushmi Hasham, Director, Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst at Ryerson University
• Kenrick Bagnall, Detective Constable - Computer Cybercrime (C3), Toronto Police Service
--- Sponsors & Partners ---
• The Watershed Toronto is one of Toronto's highest rated coworking spaces. Beyond its beautiful city views, The Watershed attracts some of Toronto's best organizations including Panache VC, TechToronto and AngelList Canada. The Watershed is owned by Watershed Partners, a strategic design consulting firm specializing in multi-stakeholder facilitation and organizational transformation. Learn more about The Watershed at www.watershedcoworking.com/toronto and Watershed Partners at www.watershed.co
• Panago Pizza (https://www.panago.com/) is a Canadian takeout and delivery pizza chain with over 30 years of experience in the industry and 195 locations across Canada. We have an extensive menu of recipe pizzas, salads, wings, and desserts! Visit Panago.com or call[masked] to order now.
• Nickel Brook (https://nickelbrook.com/) has been one of the leading players in the Ontario Craft Beer movement since our founding in 2005. Taking the lead from our motto “Beer, Down to a Science” our brewers combine premium ingredients, DIY creativity and a depth of technical expertise to create world-class beers. Our award-winning core brands, Cause & Effect Blonde, Wicked Awesome IPA, Naughty Neighbour APA and Head Stock IPA, continue to grow as some of the most popular craft beers in Ontario. Come hang out at our Tap Room, or find us in an LCBO, Beer Store, bar or restaurant near you today.