For anyone tointerested in trying something new regardless of your level of expereince, education, knowledge or lack thereof, we would like you to join us. For those who do not have the skiils for something we will mentor and teach along the way. Let your mind contemplate the possibilities for you and strive for the stars. :)
Read this news item from the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36079069
As you can see there are far flung objectives being set everyday for official space agencies and other governmental space related bodies. This bodes well for smaller educational, research, and private industry space initiatives.
So, in response to the need for viable and innovative design proposals, we are forming (and have already formed) a series of teams - made up of amateurs, hobbyists, professionals of all kinds, and other interested individuals to come together with the goal coming up with feasible designs (and in some cases working prototypes) which will then be presented officially to one or more of the official agencies mentioned above.
If you are curious, let's meet and discuss this further. If you are anxious to know what we want to embark upon look further down for the list.
Be advised that with the exception of brainstorming and basic design sessions, we will set another day/evening and time for team/project meetings.
Please note the following things:
• You DO NOT need to have expertise, you can learn along the way.
• You DO NOT have to bring and idea, we can use one of the many we have. So no pressure on you.
• You DO NOT need to contribute anything (monetary, parts, software, etc.) we only want you to use your innate creativity and mental prowess.
• And since no one wants to create and design something without receiving from any potential profits that something might generate - if any idea makes money, those who worked on it (could be you!) WILL RECEIVE an equal share of the profits, as they come in month after month.
ALL supplies and resources are provided through our sponsor. Think of it :)
Come by to learn more (information and details NOT provided in comments area, by email, by SMS, or by phone - if you are interested you must come by.
Look for a guy wearing a black mcgill baseball cap.
List of systems and subsystems that are expansive enough to warrant their own development teams:
• Generalized wheeled/tracked/sled/legged autonomous exploration platform.
• Specialized instrumentation superstructure (i.e. this superstructure sits over the generalized platform).
• Manipulator limbs with universal coupler.
• Specialized mission specific manipulator extensions (i.e what goes on the end).
• Computer vision system utilizing optical and other spectra to create a virtual multi-dimensional model that the craft will use for navigation and mission planning.
• Proximity and distance obstacle and threat assessment system.
• Long, medium, and short range communications hardware and software.
• High security grade data encryption and enhanced compression for optimum data transmission back to a terrestrial base station.
• Advanced artificial intelligence to allow autonomous exploration and investigation.
• Standard power system and storage.
• Power harvesting system tailored to a particular environment.
• Universal coupling system capable of sealed connection and transmission of power, communications, and data.
• Specialized drill and other mining equipment.
• Miniaturized biological sampling laboratory.
List of Projects:
• Jovian moon explorer system.
• Exoplanet submersible special mission system (read about Europa).
• Saturnian moon explorer system.
• Mars exploration rover system.
• Mars reconnaissance and life investigation system.
• Lunar exploration system.
• Lunar mining platform.
• Asteroid mining platform.
• Deep space exploration system (Moons of Jupiter and Saturn - Europa, Titan, Io, Enceladus).
• Cubesat platform for scientific research.
• Picosat swarm system (a variety of uses).
• Amateur deep space early warning and threat monitoring network.
• Amateur deep space radio telescope array.
• Light weight reusable lift system (exotic rocket systems).
• Emergency automated crewman.