addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Everest Base Camp and Island Peak (Imja Tse) Climb, Nepal - Information requ

Everest Base Camp and Island Peak (Imja Tse) Climb, Nepal - Information request and Invite

A former member
Post #: 8
I'm planning a trip to Nepal in early November to trek to Everest Base Camp (teahouse trek) and then continue on to climb Island Peak (tent camping/expedition). Does anyone have any advice/ useful information on the Island Peak climb? I've done quite a bit of homework, but I don't know anyone personally who has done it. If anyone out there has done this climb, please contact me. I'm in contact with a local outfitter and would like any feedback on them if possible. Before and after the climb, I'll be staying at American Alpine Club's Kathmandu Clubhouse and would also ask if anyone has any info or feedback on that, too.

Both people who I thought might come with me have now likely flaked, so I'm currently going solo, to join with a small group in Nepal. If anyone is interested in joining, please let me know. I know it's last minute, but hey, maybe someone else out there has been wanting to go like I have. This trip will take the better part of a month, so I will be leaving Nov.3, and the trip ends Nov. 27th, though I'll be hanging out in Delhi and then Bangkok for a few days before heading back here in early December.

If you would even consider it, please contact me. It's going to be an amazing trip taking a slow trek through Namche Bazaar, Pangboche, Lobuche, Gorak Shep, and Kala Pattar (18,192') to acclimate on the way to Everest Base Camp (17,598') and then a few days of tent camping, expedition style to Island Peak base camp, with a one-day summit push to the peak (20,210'). At Everest Base Camp, the peak of Everest is only about 4 miles away!