addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Looking for people to Join me on a couple backpack trips in August and Septe

Looking for people to Join me on a couple backpack trips in August and Septermber

Jim S.
jamessnook
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 3
I don’t like backpacking alone.

Possible Backpacking trips 2012;

I have been trying to do the John Muir Trail in Sections since with work and family I never have enough time for the whole trip.

For years I have been determined to do the section of the John Muir Trail between LeConte Canyon and Woods Creek. I am hoping this will be the year with a trip between South Lake and Cedar Grove. I am available any time after Aug 15. If anyone can join me I can help coordinate the shuttle and permits.

Another trip I would like to do this year is the section of the JMT between Reds meadow and Silver Pass. This could be done as a 4 or 5 day trip with a car shuttle to Lake Mary or McGee Creek trail heads.

A possible three day trip would cover the JMT from Edison Lake to Seldon Pass. We could pack in 9-10 miles and set up a base camp then day hike the next day to Seldon Pass. If we made it a four day trip we could also day hike up toward Lake Italy.

Jim
John B.
user 58055342
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I was going to post something almost exactly like your description. Have you gotten any nibbles on this yet?

I am also doing the JMT a piece at a time. The pieces I'm still missing are between Red's meadow and Piute Pass (easily 3 hikes in that stretch) and between South Lake/Bishop Pass and Whitney (also several hikes worth). I would sign up for a hike of 4 to 6 days on the trail anywhere in those sections. My preference would be somewhere in the stretch between Red's Meadow and Piute Pass, but I'd also be up for Keersarge Pass to whitney if a permit could be had.

Timing for me needs to be after Labor Day and returning by September 23. Any of that work for you?