addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Dome at Dawn, June 15-16

Dome at Dawn, June 15-16

Kate
user 12361480
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 16
Please read the details of this trip closely, and only email me if you can meet all of the requirements.

I have 3 more permits for hiking Half Dome on Sunday, June 16. Because of a crazy schedule, I am unable to leave until Saturday evening, and have to be back in the Bay Area Sunday night. This means it will be a 24 hour trip to Yosemite. We are not camping, and we are essentially not sleeping. Because the driving/hiking/driving will be tough, I need people who are going to be able to share driving, and keep me awake in the car. Therefore, I'm not interested in meeting up with people who are already there, or have an entirely different trip planned, and want to tack on Half Dome.

The plan is to leave the Bay Area around 7pm (I have commitments until this time) on Saturday and drive to the Trailhead parking lot in Yosemite Valley. We should be on the John Muir Trail before 11pm. Depending on hiking speed, this will put us close to Quarter Dome around sunrise. We will scale the cables as dawn breaks, and be up on top to watch the sun rise over the valley. We should be down in the early afternoon, and have time for a pizza lunch in the valley, or a nap!! Round trip distance is around 17 miles. We can laze on the beach at the Merced River for an hour or two before taking the long drive home.

Non-negotiables:
You MUST have a headlamp for this trip, and extra batteries.
You MUST be able to hike 17 miles in one go. Please let me know your hiking experience when you email me.
You MUST be comfortable hiking at night.
You MUST NOT have a fear of heights. If you have never done Half Dome before, please do some research so you know what to expect.

Cost for the trip is $15 each (permits and entrance) plus sharing gas costs.
This will be my 10th time hiking Half Dome, and about my 5th time doing it at night.
I have done the 24 hour thing like this before and yes, it is exhausting. But it is also very worth it!

https://www.facebook....­

Please message me privately if you are interested!