addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Weekday outings

Weekday outings

A former member
Post #: 4
Does anyone have time during the week for hiking / conditioning? I'm off Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mt Tam or St Helena or Point Reyes...
bob s.
JMTx13
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 64
I don't have a car To get out of the city but do have plenty of time during the week days (work evenings usually, if at all) so if there are any SF locals reading this and you are looking for the same thing, say hello. I go to the climbing gym (PGSF) ride the bike, but looking for more ski conditioning adventures, like beach running, hill/stairs, blading, or just heading to the headlands for a lap in the hills.
A former member
Post #: 6
Bob - maybe a ride starting from the ferry building to the golden gate and back?
bob s.
JMTx13
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 65
Michael,

A ride from the Ferry building to the GG bridge wouldn't be much of a lung burner, if anything–––and since I live near the bridge I'd have to get me and the bike through all the ugly tourists and downtown snarl, just to get to the Ferry building.

I would think that if you live in Petaluma a meeting somewhere in the headlands or thereabouts, might be more advantageous.

Yesterday, I finally strapped on the leg weights which gave my usual gym climbing routine and my body, a whole new experience. Today I was going go out to the polo fields in GGP and get more of a leg (ski conditioning) workout on the roller-blades, but turns out I might be going to the headlands for loop in the hills. I'll take a jump rope and some small weights to add to the fun.

Either monday or tuesday I want to do a sand workout at ocean beach . . . walk, run, haul some sand from about the beach chalet down to the middle of the alphabet, Moraga or thereabouts . . . turn around . . .