Event Address : Saleshwaram
Event Type : 1 day Trek
Difficulty level : Moderate+ (fit beginners can try).
Cost : 1000/- (Includes transport and guidance)
Transport : will go in hired vehicle.
Food : Not included, pack from home if possible or pack at breakfast stop.
Water : Carry 2 water bottles(reusable)
We will book private transportation based on number of RSVPs.
At a distance of 60 Kms from Srisailam, Saleshwaram, also known as Sarveswaram and Saileswaram is famous for a Shiva temple built in 6th / 7th century AD. This temple is open for only 5 days in year during Chaitra Pournima Festival (around April).
This place also finds reference in ancient puranas. Sriparvatha Purana, a celebrated work of Seshanatha written in 16th century about Srisailam speaks about this place. Here is a cave temple dedicated to Lord Siva and two ponds named as Sarvesa theertham and Pushkara theertham.
This place is located within Srisailam Sanctuary between Srisailam and Mannanur. After travelling for few kms inside forest, one can reach the nearest road point to this place. A walk for about 2 km is required to reach his place from the road point through boulders and forest.
Opposite to the temple there is a huge waterfall cascading down the hill holding the visitor spellbound with its raw beauty. Apart from the Chaitra Pournima Festival, there would not be any visitors in other season
6AM Meet at Gachibowli and start
9AM Breakfast and pack lunch
10 AM Reach trek base, warm up and start trekking.
1 PM Reach waterfall, visit temple, have lunch, relax in water
2 PM Trek back back
5 PM Reach base point and start back to Hyderabad.
9 PM Reach Hyderabad.
Bad weather may affect the schedule.
We need to come out of the forest before light fades (5:00 PM) for which we should start at the planned time.
1. 2 Water bottles(refillable - avoid disposables) must in your bag.
2. Extra set of clothes as you get into pools.
3. Shoes with good grip.
4. Get plastic covers to protect valuables from rain.
5. Torch, so you can walk in the dark if required.
6. Floaters if you want to roam free in the camp.
7. Any personal medicine and toiletries.
8. Camera and batteries.
9. Backpack to fit all the above.
10. Trash cover for yourself and covers for wet clothes.
11. Snacks to eat and make friends.
Important Instructions :
1. No smoking and no alcohol.
2. No littering, no pollution of water
3. This is a self sponsored trip
4. If you feel unwell please share it immediately.
5. We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers.
Cost : 1000 /- (Includes transport and guidance)
*PAYMENT* Tez/UPI -[masked]