addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Anti-Social Social (ASS) Club Message Board › Institution of Dues - throw in your two cents on the collection of same!

Institution of Dues - throw in your two cents on the collection of same!

A former member
Post #: 177
I've talked about this and now am going to really do this.

There are different models we can institute...a one-time payment of dues to join - or a "per meetup" fee of some nominal amount - a dollar or fifty cents - which is collected through Paypal, I guess.

I'd like to pay Jeff back for at least the dues he continued to pay after the last meetup he hosted back in April 2008 - had he not kept kicking in the $12 each month, a lot of us would not have had the opportunity to meet and be obnoxious together.

So - what do you think is reasonable and workable? I don't have a lot of time to administer this - I know that one meetup group who charges a dollar when you RSVP, is great about refunding the dollar if you change your RSVP prior to the event - I'm not the most scrupulously organized person on a consistent basis at this stage in my evolution, and I just am leery of missing refunding someone and making them mad. I will try to handle the one-time thing as far as setting a deadline for people to kick in their money by, booting those who don't pay up by then - and keeping track of new ASSes as they come in.

If any of you are in other meetup groups and administer this sort of thing especially, your input would be very welcome. Although ALL of you are smart enough to be ASSes so - of course your opinion matters to me also.

If all else fails I'll look this up in the Meetup Organizers section, which is probably what I should do, but I'm too damned much of a Lazy-Ass.
A former member
Post #: 61
I think $1 isn't bad to keep a group going. Some groups do collect online but if you don't have PayPal or amazon you cant RSVP. You could make it so that people bring their dollar to the event or pay online...depending on which is easier. I think if you made it a mandatory yearly fee some people may not go to events or...they might pay but there are no events they feel they want to go to. :)
A former member
Post #: 49
I myself would prefer the $1.00(ish) per activity. Honestly, if I had to pay a yearly due, I probably wouldn't be in the group. The $1.00 thing seems to work for other meetups I'm in.
Henry H
nighthawk326
Frederick, MD
Post #: 17
I don't mind the $1 fee per activity, but please don't force us to pay online.