Galapagos Islands Expedition--Untouched nature in all its splendor. Small Group
It's a Meetup . . . in the Galápagos!!
This Meetup Event is for the nature lovers, for the curious explorers and the adventurers who want to experience nature in all its splendor & diversity.
For those who don't know . . . the Galápagos Islands are a volcanic archipelago in the Pacific Ocean, considered one of the world's foremost destinations for wildlife-viewing. It is located roughly 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador and over millions of years it evolved into a home for an all-star cast of plants and animals.
It's a place where lizards swim, birds walk, and humans — for once — don't take center stage.
A notable early visitor was 26-year-old Charles Darwin 1835. His theory of evolution introduced the Galápagos Islands to the world. Since then, word of these islands and their magnificent beauty has steadily grown.
As amazing as you think the Galápagos Islands will be, they routinely exceed expectations.
We will explore:
- Spot the famous Galapagos penguin, blue footed boobies and swim with sea turtles and sea lions.
- Tortuga Bay Beach for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking or surfing with unique marine life. Good chance to spot finches, yellow warblers, mockingbirds, and lava lizards.
- Get close and personal with the giant tortoises roaming in their natural habitat
- Explore the well-known islet called Tintoreras, home of the white tip sharks and its shark tunnel.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Station, to observe giant tortoises and their babies and learn about this majestic animal.
- Snorkeling around the shore of the Tijeretas Bay
- Boat ride to Kicker Rock with snorkeling
- Sailing to Santa Cruz Island.
- Sail to Isabela Island, the largest of the archipelago.
- Boat tour to Tuneles De Cabo Rosa, a formation of series of above ocean arches, creating an unique snorkeling experience.
- Explore cavernous underground Lava Tunnels.
- Tour the Galapagos rainforest habitat
- San Cristobal Island with visit to the Interpretation Center
- Visit to Los Gemelos, a haven for bird watchers!
- Visit Sierra Negra and Chico Volcano. This is a 10-mile challenging hike!
- El Trapiche to see the old methods of extracting cane juice, roasting coffee beans and techniques of distillery.
- Quito with a full day tour and visit to the Equator line
- Visit to the town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno.
Land Tour cost $3750 per person, double occupancy
(we match roommates for those wishing to share)
Solo occupancy additional $600
Airfare not included, but we do have it separate, read below . . .
For this event we have group flight from Los Angeles. If you are in San Diego, San Francisco or Vegas it makes sense to go out of LA.
Optional Airfare from Los Angeles: $1385 all taxes and luggage included
To secure the airfare, please pay a nonrefundable deposit of $200
CLICK HERE for deposit for optional Airfare from Los Angeles
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
· 10 Nights Accommodations – Quito & Galapagos
· 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 Dinners
· Naturalist Guide (during activities)
· All activities listed
· Galapagos National Park entrance fee
· Isabela island entrance fee
· All transportation during the tour
· 24/7 assistance in the islands
· Airport Transfers to hotel. (in – out)
· Transit control card
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
· Airfare to Galapagos (unless opting for the group fare from LA)
Meals not described in the tour (approx. $15 per person, per day)
· Extra expenses
· Optional activities
· Wet suits
RSVP with your email to receive additional info.
RSVP DOES NOT RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
Deposit for the land portion is the only way to hold your spot. Your deposit is fully refundable up to 90 days before the departure.
Deposit for the air is nonrefundable.
Still have questions? We do a Q&A Travel Zoom on all our events every two weeks. CLICK HERE to RSVP to our Q & A Zoom
We believe in good decent social.