DM Workshop: Making Memorable PCs - The Kessel Run Method
As DMs we are pretty much always looking to improve our games. These workshops are intended to let DMs work through some of the areas the they feel they need help with.
DM: Patrick Doyle
Non player characters add to the flavour of your world, and can really improve the sense of verisimilitude, giving the place life. In this workshop we're going to concentrate on these supporting cast members. We're going to come up with 10 compelling NPCs that you can drop into any of your games, giving compelling backstories for each using the "Kessel Run" principle. This means that we're aiming for "compelling", and not "involved" or "intricate." We want to offer only as much information about a character to make them interesting, without delving into the realm of exposition. We're going to "show", we're not going to "tell." The great thing about compelling NPCs is that once you've made them, you can recycle them, making the job of preparation that much easier. This is, of course, in contrast to, for example, compelling combats that you might hear about from some other people's tables. I'm lookin' in your direction, Sam Coleman.
Please note that meetup does not support waiting lists for paid events. If you do not see an option to attend on this page then the event is likely sold out. You can find a complete list of all our events at www.torontodnd.com/events.
• Any attendee who is more than 15 minutes without notifying admin may lose their seat, without a refund.
• Any attendee who is more than 30 minutes late may lose their seat (without a refund) whether they have notified admin or not
• Refund exceptions will be made on a case by case basis
• The two acceptable channels in order of preference for late notifications are:
• Messages sent to the #late channel on our Discord server (https://discord.gg/wbUGNG3https://discord.gg/wbUGNG3)
• Emails to email@example.com
The venue we are playing at is a fully licensed establishment with a proper food and drinks menu. No outside food or drink, it is appreciated if you purchase something. Also, don’t forget to tip your server!
Please note that this is a 19+ event. If you are a minor or are a parent who wants to bring a minor please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if an accommodation can be made.