addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bayou City Life & The Pursuit of Good Times Message Board › Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

A former member
Post #: 360
Below is a listing of Clear Lake area restaurants now posted on the calendar.

Italian Cafe dinner and wine tasting - wed sept 3rd

Villa Capri On Clear Lake / sailboat races - wed sept 10th

Rat Pack Martini Party at South Shore Harbor Club - fri sept 12th

Sunday Jazz Brunch at Bailey’s American Grille - sun (obviously) sept 14th

Frenchie's - Surprise Bday Party for Kimberly - thurs sept 18th

Franca's Italian Restaurant - Theater: Female "Odd Couple" - fri sept 19th

Tokyo Bowl, Japanese restaurant - thurs sept 25th

Shalimar Restaurant and Sweets - tues oct 7th

so we will see how this goes, before I try to sqeeze in others...
A former member
Post #: 1,300
Is Bojangles in Seabrook closed? I drove by and saw a "for lease" sign on the front. I will have to investigate further.
A former member
Post #: 1,301
At smokingcotton's party last weekend, someone mentioned a new pool hall in San Leon. Supposedly it's really nice. One of the guests offered to give a pool lesson. That might be a really fun thing to do for pool sharks and beginner players alike!
A former member
Post #: 1,303
Some fun, FREE stuff to do in the area:

Free wine tastings on Saturdays at The Gourmet Wine Shoppe in Seabrook from noon until 5PM. They are located on NASA Rd 1 in the same shopping center as Classic Cafe and Subway.
(Greg Mirka, the owner, will be out of town for the next 2 weeks, so the next one is Sept. 27.)

Free poetry reading/open mike every Monday night at Coffee Oasis in Seabrook. If you are a poet and would like to read your poetry in front of an audience, or if you are a poetry fan and like to hear new original poetry, this is the place to be! - The Seabrook location is on NASA Rd 1 and Kirby near Arlan's Market and Italian Cafe.

Open-mike and live music every Thursday night at the Arts Alliance on NASA Rd 1 and Upper Bay Rd in Nassau Bay.
Website is­
It's different styles each week: the list of upcoming music performance series is here:­
A former member
Post #: 1,333
Places that appear to be totally demolished or in severe need of repair (in other words, CLOSED):

(smokingcotton will give us a list)

Clear Lake Shores:
Captain Henry's seafood
Hoagie Ranch
Portofino Italian Restaurant
South Shore Beer Garden

Jack in the Box
Molly's Pub
The Boardwalk
T-Bone Tom's
The restaurants and bars in old Kemah

La Porte:
(list to follow)

San Leon:
Top Water Grill

Aurora Lounge and Grill
Classic Cafe
Merlion Thai Seafood restaurant
Pier 8
Signature Bistro
Splash/Capn's Quarters
Sundance Grill
Turtle Club
The seafood stores under the Kemah bridge
A former member
Post #: 363
Places that appear to be totally demolished or in severe need of repair (in other words, CLOSED):

etc etc

San Leon:
Top Water Grill

Aurora Lounge and Grill (too bad, nice place, hope reopens)

Signature Bistro hope not bad

Sundance Grill was planning on a meetup here
Tookie's think they will be back in business soon
The seafood stores under the Kemah bridge

Was taking Dade for a ride to get out of San Leon last week, rode down Nasa Rd, stopped at boat yard,
then was exiting 146 before the bridge, he asked where we were going and I said Maribelle's and he said it's not there, so that was kinda a shock for me. Almost tried to go to Signature Bistro other night, guess that would not have happened either then...

Good list Amanda, Jack in the Box will be missed...

Bacliff fared well, most everything is open except Clifton by the Sea. Don't know for sure about Noah's Ark but saw cars in the parking lot, enter from the back now.

San Leon has a lot of drinkers looking for a place. Food found only at Red Cross but think might only be ice now. Long line, closest open store in Baciff did not bother to stock it tho since free, that really doesn't make since...

I personally recommend Gilhooley's outside beer only bar (BYOB liquor - set-ups served as always) especially now, it is the main gathering spot.
Not sure the current state of Wayno's but next to it is what's left of Radio City beer dive bar offering beers on a donation system, the regulars have been relegated to the outdoors as well.

Beach Bar will prob reopen, surprising little damage seen, compared to Sunset, Buccaneer, and 18th St Pier which all will need a rebuild.

Restaurant wise Gilhooyee's is racing to reopen, not sure about Ginger's and Green Parrot, got a lot of water, Topwater still being decided on.

Amanda you will be happy to know Caspers Billards is fine and I heard it is nice in there.
I would think the Pelican survived, not heard or been by.
Amanda and I were planning a San Leon Dive Bar night out, obviously we should have done it sooner, but we could still work something out I think, hit the open or barely open ones and do a toast at the other sites. http://www.sanleontex...­

A former member
Post #: 1,343
From Greg Mirka of the Gourmet Wine Shoppe in Seabook, who hosted our wine tasting at Italian Cafe on 9/3/08:

"The Gourmet Wine Shoppe received some minor damage to the Wine Shoppe on Nasa Parkway in Seabrook and will be closed at this location for a few months......If anyone wants to pick up their wines at the Italian Cafe',I will be available Wednesday evening from 6-8:30......Please call me at 832-864-3212 or email greg @"
A former member
Post #: 364
Gilhooyee's is now open with a limited menu, no seafood, burgers and such

Wayno's, Ginger's, Green Parrot will prob be a while, Pelican not open. Buccaneer, 18th St Pier Bar and Sunset Lounge buildings are now removed. Topwater has a sign out reopening soon. Yeah right on soon.

Not sure on Beach Pub, but building looks ok.

Clifton by the Sea is open.
A former member
Post #: 1,364
In Seabrook, the end of Todville road (where the seafood stores are) has been closed off by chain link fence. Splash has been demolished and so has Maribelle's. Outriggers is still standing. Not sure about Pappadeaux. Golden Seafood is still standing but I can't tell if the other seafood stores are still there.
A former member
Post #: 366
heard Pappadeaux got badly damaged so it is prob gone too

The Boardwalk website said 45 days or so before anything starts opening back up