What we’re about
Hello and welcome! VegMichigan Traverse City is your source for all things plant-based in the Traverse City area. We post plant-based events, highlight local businesses and restaurants, and share the latest news about the plant-based lifestyle. Whether you're fully plant-based, vegetarian, veg-curious, or looking to support veg friends and family, all are welcome to join this group and attend our events. Hope to see you soon!
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Book Club Discussion (virtual): A Path Towards Justice (video)Link visible for attendees
VegMichigan and Attorneys for Animals have been hosting this book club for two years to explore the interconnections of veganism and broader social justice issues. We are changing things up a bit this time--rather than discussing a book, we will talk about a video: "A Path Towards Food Justice" (a presentation by lauren Ornelas from @FoodEmpowermentProject, for VegMichigan in June, 2023). lauren is the founding director of Food Empowerment Project, a vegan food justice organization. She discusses the organization's core work of promoting ethical veganism, championing the rights of farm workers, highlighting the lack of access to healthy foods in Black and Brown communities, and raising awareness about the worst forms of slavery, including child labor, in the chocolate industry. This video ties in well to the book we read last time, The American Way of Eating, which focused on workers in the American food system.
Please watch the video here before our discussion!
You will need to register here to receive the Zoom link for the meeting. Upon registration, Zoom will send you an email with the link to join the discussion.
We look forward to seeing you!
- VegMichigan - Traverse City - Monthly Meetup and Holiday Cookie ExchangeOryana West, Traverse City, MI
Please join us to meet new friends and enjoy the season with a vegan holiday cookie exchange! To be part of the fun, here is all that you need to do:
- Prepare 2 dozen of your favorite vegan cookies.
- Print out copies of the recipe to share.
- RSVP in the comment section below with the type of cookies you’re bringing (so we don’t have duplicates).
- If you have a baking mishap or don’t have time to bake, please bring 2 dozen of your favorite, ready- made vegan cookies.
- Bring a large container to carry your cookies.
- Have fun, meet new friends, and enjoy delicious cookies!
- In addition to delicious cookies for all ages, we will also have a holiday themed craft for kids to make to decorate your home.
We hope to see you there!
Here are some great recipes to consider:
27 Easy Vegan Cookie Recipes - Minimalist Baker