addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › INFORMATION

INFORMATION

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,
Here's a website which is well known for its celebrity news,
for those who haven't explored you will find lot of good information and reasons to be vegetarians :)

http://peta.com/...
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks, Alec! Peta certainly has a lot of information, especially video footage and activist supplies.

Another big resource for vegans is Farm Sanctuary which was highlighted in the much-loved movie Peaceable Kingdom. Animal Acres is an offshoot of Farm Sanctuary and also does quite a bit of outreach in addition to working with animals, primarily from factory farms.

I'm also fond of Vegan Action, Vegan Outreach, FARM, Compassion Over Killing, Mercy for Animals, and EarthSave International.

The Animals Voice maintains an extensive database on almost every facet of veganism, animal protection, animal welfare and animal rights.

Satya magazine is an excellent reader for contemporary issues. Herbivore specifically looks at vegan culture and sells some snazzy clothing.

Excellent nutritional information can be found at Dr. Micheal Gregor's website -- if you scroll down towards the bottom of the page and select "Talks Online" you'll find a great source of info on Optimal Vegetarian Nutrition.

I'm really fond of the website and forum Vegan Represent.
Dave, who's listed as the organizer of our meetup, is actually the web master there. He also runs the world's largest vegan meetup in Chicago, IL. He's good people and so are the other members at the VR forum. If I'm not at work or here I'm usually there.

And last but not least, there's veggie humor. Bizzaro is penned by a wacky vegan named Dan Pirraro.

Now, did I leave anything out?

Anyone else have a favorite vegan resource?