addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › I Want Your Potluck Recipe!!

I Want Your Potluck Recipe!!

A former member
Post #: 16
Hey, all, Adrean just had this great suggestion to start a thread where we could collect/swap the recipes we've used for food we've taken to the potluck.

Sounds like fun, eh? Post your recipe, here.
A former member
Post #: 10
Brazilian Black Bean Stew

1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 pound vegan chipotle sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (1 pound) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 small hot green chile pepper, (optional)
1 1/2 cups water or veg broth
2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place the onion in the pot, and cook until tender. Stir in garlic, and cook until tender, then mix in the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes with juice, chile pepper, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.

2. Stir the beans and sausage into the pot, and cook uncovered until heated through. Mix in the mango and cilantro, and season with salt.

Vegan ?Cheesecake? from

16 graham cinnamon graham crackers, crumbled
(I couldn?t find vegan graham crackers so I used vegan vanilla wafers)
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1 tablespoon light Karo syrup
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
16 oz. Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1/3 cup sugar (or fructose)
4 EnerG egg substitute "eggs"
1 teaspoon vanilla
juice of one lemon
Ah!Laska vegan chocolate syrup
fresh raspberries

Crust: Combine graham crackers, margarine (adjust amount as needed, you could probably use 1/3 cup), Karo syrup, and flour in a bowl. Mix by hand and press firmly into a round pan. (I didn?t use any Karo syrup and it still turned out fine)

Filling: Combine "cream cheese", sugar, "eggs", vanilla, and lemon juice in a mixer and blend until creamy and smooth. Pour onto crust.

Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, until set (doesn't jiggle when you move the pan). Let cool. Place in refrigerator and chill for 12 hours.
A former member
Post #: 83
Diana! This is so awesome! Thank you!