addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › Would you like to volunteer to host a potluck?

Would you like to volunteer to host a potluck?

A former member
Post #: 49
Ok, gang, we've had so much interest in reviving the potlucks (and a few hints that some of you might like to host) I thought I'd open up a thread where interested individuals could volunteer to have a potluck in their homes.(Of course, you can always e-mail me, instead, if you would prefer)

Just let me know *when* you would like to have the group over -- the rest is a snap.

In the meantime, I'm also going to be scouting out the possibility of a few good public locations where we can meet. Of course, when the weather warms up we'll have at *least* one group picnic in the park.
A former member
Post #: 3
I am moving to a larger home in Bethany (Rockingham County) at the end of October. We are having a huge kitchen built just so that we can host family gatherings and such. Once we get settled, I would love to host a party. I am not vegan, nor is my family. However, I am desperately in the search to find a veg support system and introduce my family to a healthier lifestyle.

I shop at farmer's markets, earth friendly grocery stores, and just started collecting things that will be used to prepare non-meat treats. Being Kosher, we call this Parve (no milk or meat) and I will have some that will be for no honey either. We even will have a counter and shelves specifically for my foods and dishes.

I am thinking of hosting a Pampered Chef party to help me get a set of cookware just for this purpose. I really need all of the help I can get. I subscribe to Vegetarian Times and VegNews and I hope to get some more veg-friendly cookbooks and goodies for the holidays. However, I am chronically ill and have trouble just getting started. I would like to come to a few get togethers first and then open my home to new friends. Perhaps if I met one or two friends first, I would be less timid and more involved. Please let me know how to get started.

Without wax,

Melissa
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 82
Brandon and I will host a Thanksgiving potluck this November! :)
Maria Valarie T.
Maria.Heartsong
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 4
Hi all,

I just want to say that Will and I enjoyed the potluck brunch last Sunday! We can host a potluck at our home as well sometime; perhaps we should put dibs on a Christmas party potluck. We live on Market near Aycock, so we're fairly easy to get to.

I am a holistic nutrition counselor and Integrative Health Coach (certificate from Duke's Integrative Medicine program). My main interest is helping folks live more peacefully within all aspects of their lifestyle. I am also an artist and farmer , so am also very interested in creativity in various ways, which I also like to share with folks. My kitchen works well for demos and so perhaps at some point, if anyone's interested we can do some cooking together here, or a vegan cooking workshop.

take care all,

Valarie
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 85
Wow, Valerie, that is awesome! I'm sure we'd love to do a vegan cooking workshop in the future. I think a Christmas Party potluck sounds like fun too. Yay for potlucks!
A former member
Post #: 177

Valerie, how generous of you!