We hear about microservices vs. monolithic applications frequently. There are pros and cons to both. Is there a way to get the best of both worlds? We think so. Learn how we blend packages, libraries and frameworks together to create "microlithic" applications.
At the end of the talk, attendees will:
• Know what a microservice is
• Know what a monolith application is
• Know what is Service-Oriented Architecture
• Know some principles to guide a development team on which architectural approach to use
• Know some basic software design principles/patterns and how to apply them to software architecture
Michael Kelly has been a FullStack PHP Developer at Socom Media over the past 7 years. He obsesses about problems and how to fix them, especially in code.
7pm - 7:15pm: Have-a-job Need-a-job, What's new in PHP
7:15pm - 8pm: Presentation
8pm: Q&A & Networking