This is a meetup for dogs and their handlers to get together and work on good manners, socialization, tricks. urban agility and more using rewards based training methods. This is an opportunity to practice, share and learn from each other. This is a group for dog lovers, trainers and training enthusiasts who want to get together with like-minded people who want to have fun and do more with their dogs!
To strengthen our bond with our dogs we will have training dates, socialization walks, hiking and so much more. There will be regular workshops covering topics such as training techniques, behavioral issues, canine body language, dog sports, dog acting/modeling, Therapy dogs etc…
As this group grows we will be able to add more frequent events, activities and workshops. Your input, ideas and suggestions are encouraged and welcomed.
For everyone’s comfort and safety, please abide by the following rules:
1. Your dog is current on his/her vaccinations and wearing their county license/rabies tag.
2. Your dog is not aggressive towards other dogs or humans. (If your dog is aggressive or reactive please contact me to schedule a behavior consult, your pup may benefit from a management and training plan and perhaps 6 weeks of my doggie socialization classes).
3. No “nose to nose” contact with other dogs until they are socialized well with each other (some dogs like humans need their space so please be respectful).
4. Be kind to each other, this is not a competition, this is about having fun with your dog!
5. No breed discrimination, all well mannered dogs are welcome.
6. Dogs shall be in a well fitted collar or harness (no aversive equipment).
7. No retractable/flexi leashes, 4' to 6' leashes only.
8. Bring your dog a bowl, water, poop bags and high value training rewards (If you clicker train, bring your clicker).
We will be primarily be meeting in local parks throughout Pasco Count so please brush up on your basic obedience commands (sit, down, stay and come).
Looking forward to meeting all of you and your dogs!
Lisa Morrissey, CPDT-KA, ACDBC, ABCDT-L2, ABCCT, SDC, ABMA, CTDI, CCC. CDE, AKC CGC, CGCA, CGU, STAR Puppy & Trick Dog Evaluator, Certified K9 Fit Club Instructor, Animal Behavior College Mentor Trainer, Fear Free Certified Professional, Alliance of Therapy Dogs Tester/Observer