addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Twin Cities Elysium Society Message Board › Not quite an earworm...

Not quite an earworm...

JPaganel
JPaganel
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 25
Can verse with no melody be an earworm? At any rate, it is something I've had stuck in my head for a couple of days and must share with someone.

Средь множес­тва иных миров
Есть, может, и такой,
Где кот идёт с вязанк­ой дров
Над бездно­ю морско­й.

Among the many other worlds
Perhaps one such exists
In which a cat walks with a kindling bale
Above a sea abyss

Vadim Shefner, translated by me
alisgray
alisgray
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 147
I know sometimes an unusual word will provoke a recurring ringing of a line or two. Most recently, watching a BBC mystery used the phrase "flying squad." This gave me fits of TS Elliot's Macavity the Mystery Cat for several days.

"He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's dispair,
for when you reach the scene of crime, Macavity's not there!"
Petey
ptpenguino
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 374
I call my apartment building "Temple of Cats" because there are so many cats - I think everyone has one. At least one. A cat for every window. Now, every time I spot one, my brains start singing this little song, to the tune of "Glory, glory, halleluja" :

Little kitty in the window
Kitty, kitty in the window
Kit-ee, kit-ee, kit (-ee)

JPaganel
JPaganel
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 26
My stepdad prides himself on having once built an actual cat apartment building - a multi-story cathouse. He was dating a "cat woman" at the time. The things men do for attention...