If you haven't voted already in our Very Important Poll regarding whether we should apply again for the Parade Grounds permit for the fall season, do it now! It's neck and neck and I don't want a repeat of Florida 2000. Hanging chads and whatnot. This could get ugly.
Pros of getting a permit:
* We have a guaranteed spot each week (in theory, this will be less of a problem in the fall than in the summer when the park was really crowded and there were Little Leaguers everywhere).
* We don't have to worry about the Park Police kicking us off the Long Meadow (which they are known to do from time to time, since I think it's "technically" not allowed to play there).
* Shenanigan's - the best dive bar in Brooklyn - is right around the corner.
Pros of the Long Meadow:
* We don't have to fork over the cash for the permit.
* We have more flexibility re: time of day, length of game, etc.
* I suppose for some people, it's closer to home.
Please vote here
by tomorrow at the latest.