We are a group of professionals in the Vancouver area who want to achieve success through studying the mindset of successful people. The main-purpose behind the establishing the group is to approach the opportunities with re-known investment paradigm called Value-Investing. VI tends to focus on identification of under-valued opportunities that may have potential to give big returns if investment instruments are hold for long-enough time.
As a group, we have primary vision on educating Young professionals about Investment opportunities globally as well as in mainland Vancouver. This is not just limited to the learning Value-investing even though the approach validates the investment decision logically But also about to learn what is a Mutual Fund, Index-Fund, how does the Forex market works or about real-estate market working and drivers.
Ideally, the group aims to organize the events with formats such as :
• Introductory workshops to financial/investing instruments such as Funds( Mutual, Index, Hedge etc), Equity( or stock market), Fixed Incomes (Bonds), Real-estate, Forex.
• More in-depth workshop focusing on one instrument and exploring logical way to discover, assess risk and to learn to establish fact based opinions.
• Practical Investment Actions such as finding, selecting, and configuring brokerages to minimize buyer's side cost-level.
• Workshop on technical stuff such as Due-diligence, Portfolio management with people from non-finance background.
• Debate style discussions where the format will comprise of a specific market/industry and argue and assess the quality of investment.
• Inviting professionals to share their experiences about their investment journey.
Depending on the interest and for educational purposes, we also introduce online stock simulators to beginners to teach, choosing stocks, forming a strategy and testing.
Overall our group does highly emphasis on the "education" of various investment opportunities and assess those using Value-investing approach. We believe that many of the stuff mentioned are often part of a Business or Finance degree curriculum, but approaching these topics freestyle without a definite structure may prove its own benefits such as eliminating detail-oriented stuff(or opinions from news/articles online) and developing a big-picture first.
Some introductory resources/books towards Value-investing :