VanJS is back from a summer Hiatus on Sept 11th!
We're featuring guest speakers: Olivia Zhang and Argemiro Neto. The event will be at Plenty of Fish, located at 555 Hastings St W Unit 2525 just south of Waterfront station.
*Doors open at 6:30pm, and talks begin at 7pm*. Pizza will be provided courtesy of our hosts at POF.
1. Olivia Zhang - Writing code to refactor code - a practical guide to Abstract Syntax Trees
- What is the Abstract Syntax Tree
- How to use the AST to write Babel plugins
- How to use Babel plugins as codemods and as build-time transforms
The key takeaway is that working with the AST is easy, useful and fun!
Bio: Olivia is a frontend engineer at ZenHub.
2. Argemiro Neto - Clear and Performant GraphQL
The talk will give attention to building features in GraphQL that I found unclear at first or not well documented. I'll demonstrate:
- GraphQL basics
- Applying middleware
- Using dataloaders to cache queries
- Using schema directives
Bio: Argemiro is a Data Engineer at Semios.
Join us for drinks after the event for drinks. Location TBA.
Thank you to POF for sponsoring the space!