ethicalDeal is looking for a passionate PHP Web Developer to support our next phases of
Why work at ethicalDeal?
ethicalDeal is an awardwinning digital marketing platform for natural brands, reaching the
largest community of health and eco shoppers. This year we won BC’s top online marketer
award. Our flash sales make it easy to try the latest natural products and our educational
content inspires people to live a healthy lifestyle.
This year, we are taking it offline, moving into the growing “clicks to bricks” space, where
shoppers buy online and then redeem instore. After a successful pilot we’re now excited
about scaling our new market opportunity. In the new few months we’ll also be rolling out a
new mobile website and app.
We are a small, efficient team; carving off new project every week and tackling them. We
are proud to be entrepreneurial types that are more focused on achieving goals than just
putting in the hours. Our office is based in the Gastown district close to public transit, other
startups and yummy food.
Are you passionate about writing clean code, building lean products and solving
challenging technical problems? Do you believe that user experience is a critical factor
affecting product success? Are you excited about the opportunity to create something
great, to immediately see the huge impact that you’ve made?
The best candidate will have experience touching all pieces of the stack. This person will
be instrumental in helping us build new functionality and preparing our platform for scaling.
As our developer, you will get to own a significant chunk of the ethicalDeal codebase and
be innovative about how you solve business problems using tech. If you’re interested in
making a huge difference at a growing startup, we want to hear from you!
● Work with the team to build great products, such as a mobile app (PhoneGap),
shopping cart, vendor portals with analytics dashboards, defining and developing
Web and PointOfSale API integrations
● Make ethicalDeal fast and solid with a variety of initiatives across application level
code, clientside optimizations, and serverside scaling
● Fullstack PHP web developer, with experience using an MVC framework
experience (we use CakePHP)
● Confident with databases/SQL we use MySQL
● Passion about programming and learning new technologies
● Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
● Agile generalist
● Familiar with cloud deployments especially Jenkins, Chef and EC2
● Experience with mobile apps/websites, especially using PhoneGap
Benefits and perks:
● Early employee stock options
● Great startup culture team events, beer fridays, healthy snacks
● Gastown office with Foosball table
How to apply:
Email your resume and a paragraph or two about yourself and what excites you about this
position. Github profiles and personal webapps or examples of anything you’ve built also