addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vancouver International and Independent Cinema Group Message Board › "Writing and Healing" workshop

"Writing and Healing" workshop

sherry
user 3672417
Toronto, ON
Post #: 29
Hey everyone!
Last Sunday I did a general talk on "Expressive Arts and Healing" at Banyen Bookstore. Everyone's input was invaluable and it was an amazing experience.
I will now be holding another "Writing and Healing" workshop this coming Sunday.
Details are below.

"Writing and Healing" Workshop

This workshop will explore how we can tap into one’s creativity, using the written word as a medium of expression.

Topics:
- “What is healing?” and “What is art?”
- The physiological link between healing and art
- The research and science behind why writing can be so effective in our journey towards an optimal balance in mind, body and spirit.

The creative process is therapeutic in many ways, and by implementing practical exercises and in depth discussion, my aim will be to provide those who attend the workshop with a tool that they can use as part of their everyday lifestyle. This workshop is for anyone who wants to have fun with words. Please bring your own journal and pen/ pencil.

Lady Orchid Spa 117 West Broadway Vancouver, B.C

Time:
2:00- 5:30/ 6:00 pm

Cost:
55$
Enrollment limited to 15 participants.

Sherry Duggal is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. With a diverse interest in the arts, she incorporates her scientific background and blends the two together to help her clients achieve balance in mind, body and spirit.

Pre registration required: please call 604 569-0813 or you can call me at 778 772-6964 directly for more information.

Testimonials:
Sherry's teaching style is warm, inviting and creative.I felt that she helped me move past my writer's block and truly see myself as a writer and an artist of words. She supported us in digging deeply into our experiences and she listened compassionately to group members stories of pain. She prompted us with fun topics such as love, and encouraged us to think outside the box as we put our stories together. It was a beautiful experience.Thank you
Jessica Bleuer M.A., M.Ed
Montreal, Quebec

"I liked the atmosphere and mood. It was open and I felt comfortable. The free writing part was my favorite and I think I will continue this in the future. I learned that everyone can write. It was fun!"
Teen workshop testimonial
Vancouver, B.C

Sherry brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to her workshops . But what made the workhop memorable was her enthusiasm and the positive energy she invested in the time we spent together .
I read over one of my exercises after a lapse of two years and was surprised at how I had found a voice to express a very personal event in my life. It was cathartic and I'm grateful for the experience. Thank you.
Patricia Fimio
Toronto, Ontario

sherry
user 3672417
Toronto, ON
Post #: 30
The workshop is happening tomorrow and is open to artists and non artists alike.
Great for actors, filmmakers and individuals from all walks of life.
If you have an interest in writing and are curious to explore that side of yourself, don't hesitate to sign up!!! :)

"Sherry is an enthusiastic teacher and an experienced "listener" supporting the unique writing styles and "voices" of all participants. I very much appreciated the encouraging atmosphere at the workshop. I really did enjoy the experience and I felt that it was especially helpful for beginning writers as it was great how Sherry managed to produce an atmosphere in which we were able to just let go and write."

Marianne Tolar
Vancouver, B.C.

"I very much enjoyed and recommend Dr. Sherry Duggal's Workshop on Healing, Writing and Creativity. It was a great mix of self-discovery and fun! Dr. Sherry's passion for teaching and sharing is evident in this workshop. As is her generosity in sharing her healing knowledge and illuminating my creativity in a most respectful and enjoyable way. A wonderful experience. Thank you!"

Marusha Xeros
B.A., LL.B.
Vancouver, B.C.