addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Francisco Vegan Events Message Board › Yes, it's on: Vegan Food Party with GAMES - Pacifica

Yes, it's on: Vegan Food Party with GAMES - Pacifica

Rachel D.
user 12767476
Oakland, CA
My apologies for the repost; there was an error in the previous e-mail, which made it look like the event had been canceled. This is to let everyone know that YES, the Vegan Food Party is still happening next Sunday in Pacifica. Pacifica is less than 20 minutes drive from SF, but not very transit accessible ... so ... dear people with cars, please offer a lift to your car-less veggie brothers and sisters! Let's save the air on these hot & sunny days! I'm planning to ride my bike from Colma BART to the Pacifica library (6 miles). If you want to join me for the bike ride, PLEASE SPEAK UP when you RSVP. Also, there will be an optional beach walk and a hike to Milagra Ridge (for those who are interested) after the Vegan Food Party. Take care everybody, Rachel

What: Vegan Food Party with GAMES - Pacifica

When: Sunday, August 29, 2010 12:00 PM

Where: Pacifica-Sharp Park Library (Community Room)
104 Hilton Way (At Palmetto)
PACIFICA, CA 94044

Join us for one of our favorite types of events -- Bay Area Vegetarians' classic Vegan Food Party!!
Never been to a VFP before? It's a community event where people bring their favorite vegan foods to share. A great way to try a variety of new dishes; be sure to invite your veg-curious friends and comrades!

By popular request, this month's theme is a Games Party!

Gather noon, Eat 12:30, Soon thereafter: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Please Bring

1) your favorite homemade vegan** dish, sufficient for 6 to 8 servings, with serving utensil (if you're a couple, you can bring 2 different dishes or double your dish). ** Vegan food is entirely plant-based, free from all animal flesh and animal/insect by-products, such as eggs, dairy, whey, and honey.

2) ingredient list, autographed in case folks have questions

3) re-useable place setting (plate, bowl, cup/water bottle, silverware, and napkin) for your own use (please do not bring disposables -- be earth-friendly as well as animal-friendly)

4) your own personal beverage

5) your appetite :-) and ...

6) GAMES ! It can be board games like Taboo, Pictionary, Cranium, Speed Monopoly (did I just dream that up? Maybe!), or it can be card games like Uno, or interactive games like Charades that don't need any equipment. Bring your favorite game, and find out who else loves that game, too!

If you already know what you're bringing (game and/or pot luck dish), please indicate in your RSVP to help others decide what to bring.

A few volunteers also needed to arrive early and help with setup (at 11:45 am) and cleanup afterwards, thank you!

If you prefer, you can also RSVP on facebook or evite.
http://www.evite.com/...­

For facebook, search for "Vegan Food Party with Games" and I think it will come right up.

** ALSO NOTE ** Carpooling = YES! Let's do something kind for the environment on these hot sunny days! If you can offer a ride, if you NEED A RIDE, please SAY SO and give your neighborhood/City when you RSVP, either on facebook, evite, meetup, or all 3!

More info about Vegan Food Parties - http://bayareaveg.org...­

For more Bay Area Vegetarians events, please see the event calendar at
http://bayareaveg.org...­

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­