addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Meetup Cancelled: Triadelphia Trek

Meetup Cancelled: Triadelphia Trek

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Greetings All,

Let start with the Bad News: I'm sorry to report that the Triadelphia Trek event that has been cancelled due to previous day's inclement weather and poor road conditions along the route. The Good News: You will be able to sleep in late and more importantly - the ride will be rescheduled again(before the end of the year). Many apologies for the sudden change in plans.

If you have further questions, you can email me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.

Many Regards,

gregg
Stephen_N
j_s_nightingale
Rockville, MD
Post #: 340
I waited till 11am for any residual road ice to melt, then went out and did the Triadelphia ride. Wore the winter clothing, including 2 pairs of socks and the overshoes, and feet were fine. Beautiful blue skies and leaves at peak color. I saw exactly one other cyclist on the entire route. Road surface on Brighton Dam Road has some holes and striations, and there were traces of surface frost in the tree-shaded parts.

42 miles in 2 hours 42 minutes including a 3-4 mile detour up Damascus Road and down through Laytonsville. So the official route is really only about 38-39 miles. Hilly though.

Stephen.
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 530
Thanks for the ride report Stephen. I was really bummed out that we didn't go though with the ride. I went for a training run around the same time and noticed the road conditions especially the wet patches in the shade were not nearly as bad as I expected. However combined with some strong concerns about the road conditions especially the descents into river level and the crazy Metro schedule, I opted for the cancellation over the postponement. As I mentioned earlier, the ride will be rescheduled soon so please keep your eyes open.

Bests,
gregg