addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Time Trials and Relay Triathalons

Time Trials and Relay Triathalons

Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 92
As some of you know, I got a new Tri/TT bike (Specialized Shiv) and while I'm doing a lot of riding on it, I'm anxious to ride it in some organized Tri/TT events. As I recall, Stephen_N has participated in a variety of TT rides along the east coast. If Stephen or anyone else can provide a resource to find such TT rides, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, does one need to have a bike race license to participate in the TTs?

As to Tris, I'm no swimmer and my knees are shot so I'm interested in doing the bike portion of relay Tris but I haven't been able to figure out where to find events that are "relay-friendly" and, more importantly, where to find others to hook up with swimmers and runners to do the other two prongs of the event. If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Karen
ChrisR
user 6077080
Frankfurt, DE
Post #: 295
In several more years you can join the Northern Virginia Senior Olympics. They do a 10 km and 20 km time trial. Of course, that doesn't help you this year. ;)
Matt
mmpasta
Arlington, VA
Post #: 51
Karen,

A lot of tri races have relay options to them. Some organizations to look into that have races in the VA/MD region include Set Up Events, Racine Multisports, and Richmond Multisports. You can also go to Trifind.com to search for various events.
Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 93
Thanks Matt. And Chris, sadly, I will qualify for Senior Olympics next year but I suppose I should just embrace it and hope that those who are older might be a bit more feeble than I am. laughing