In June, we are teaming once again with the symfony Usergroup and bringing you talks containing much knowledge. As always, there will be pizza and drinks thanks to our great sponsors and we'll host a After-Gathering-Party as well.
• "Welcome" by Sebastian Göttschkes
• "Licences" by Stefan Rapp
• "symfony Forms: Past, Present and Future" by Bernhard Schussek
• "Confessions of an Intermediate Programmer" by Michael Bromley
• "After-Gathering-Party" featured by StockWerk, 1. floor kitchen/bar
Jobs, new Open Source Projects, Collaboration, Events
Licences by Stefan Rapp
The OSS ecosystem is very important for every developer out there. To be of use, this contribution will discuss licensing situations for laravel & symfony frameworks (MIT-License), the PHP language itslef (PHP/BSD License) and as a storage backend MySQL (GPL). Things to look out for and stuff to feel safe & cosy around lawyers.
This contribution will also try to be serious but will not succeed.
symfony Forms: Past, Present and Future by Bernhard Schussek
The Symfony2 Form component is a critical part for many Symfony2 applications. As such, we have been constantly improving the component to handle the many different use cases of our users and to lower the barrier to entry for newcomers. As seasoned Symfony2 developer, all
these changes can be sometimes hard to track. What about backwards compatibility? Will your business-critical applications break? And the questions don't stop there. How can you get up to scratch with the latest best practices? What can you expect from future versions? And how can you get involved to help things move faster? I will try to answer these and many other questions in my talk.
Confessions of an Intermediate Programmer by Michael Bromley
Some lessons learned by a self-taught PHP developer about faulty self-estimation, bad practices and humility.
• Stockwerk, the awesome Co-Working Space in Vienna, is supporting us with a place to meet and helps us organize
• drunomics, who are doing drupal development and are supporting the drupal development, are looking for a web developer.
• OpenForce, a software development company, is looking for Senior Software Developers!
• easyname, domain and hosting company in Vienna
YOU WANNA TALK?
Tell us in the comments, talk to Sebastian or Stefan on the meetup or hit us up on twitter or facebook. Everything interesting to PHP developers is worth talking about!