What we're about
Welcome to Web3 Texas!
We started in Mckinney and have covered Dallas since Feb 2022 and as of Sep 2022, cover Houston as well!
- Dallas: Connect with our events director on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanbitters/
- Houston, connect w/ our Houston Node Director on Twitter @proguerra
You may be asking yourself:
- What the heck is Web3?
- Was there such thing as a Web1 and Web2?
- How did we get to Web3?
- What is the metaverse, NFTs, DeFi, Crypto, Decentralization, Blockchain and how are they all related?
Here is a good place to start: https://www.notboring.co/p/the-value-chain-of-the-open-metaverse
Next best way to learn is to join us at our upcoming events!
Web3 Texas is a Web3-native, Dallas-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit educational community built for newbies, developers, designers, entrepreneurs, investors and enthusiasts who want to learn more about Web3 and network with like-minded individuals. We do this by partnering with sponsors to host local in-person and globally live-streamed events at least once a month.
Our mission is to make Web3 accessible to all through multi-dimensional learning experiences and value-driven communities.
Multi-dimensional learning experiences cover three quality categories: Simplified, Captivating and Adaptive.
- Simplified: to explain new concepts, technologies and terminology in plain language and use historical frames of references wherever possible to help guide understanding of the new.
- Captivating: to stimulate on the four learner types: Auditory, Kinesthetic, Textual and Visual. We plan address Language at a future date.
- Adaptive: our pledge to comply with accessibility standards and advocate for accessibility in Web3 for the following disability categories: Blind, Deaf and Neuro-Diverse.
We are laser focused on creating foundational learning experiences (e.g., what is web3?, what is a digital wallet?, etc.) to help create a community of well-informed and risk-aware citizens of Web3.
We also cover academic and theory-based topics such as: web3 security decentralized trust, consensus algorithms, token economics, rug-pulls/scams, ICOs, non-fungible vs fungible vs semi-fungible, peer-to-peer communications and the social implications of distributed systems.
In the future, we will create more advanced learning experiences for a variety of topics across a spectrum of Web3 protocols and technologies such as: blockchains, bridges, coins/tokens, blockchain explorers, wallets (software, multisig, hardware) NFTs, marketplaces, hash graphs, ERC standards, decentralized finance, Bitcoin, Ethereum, alt coins, meme coins, real estate tokens/fictionalization, metaverses, virtual real estate, wearables, and so much more.
Our value-driven communities are based on creating relational value between community members by understanding who they are and what their needs are - on both the digital and physical mediums. Our understanding helps us match needs that have a shared interest to help fulfill the desires of our community members - for example an aligning an investor looking for to invest in Web3 startups with a Web3 Startup Founder looking for an investor.
Our community here in Texas is designed to scale globally under our mothership brand, Web3 Earth; and therefore, Texas is called the Genesis Block under Web3 Earth. Our roadmap includes plan to launch additional Web3 Texas Nodes in other major Texas cities, with our first non-Dallas Node in Houston launched in Oct 2022. Then we will move to launch our blueprint in other US states and then to other countries, creating a global interconnected network of value-driven communities.
To learn more about us, check out our website www.web3tx.org.
< G L O B A L F A M >
Web3 Sydney: https://www.meetup.com/web3sydney/
Original source and credit
Description: Web3 Sydney - https://www.meetup.com/web3sydney/